Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Recommend Non-Invasive Nasal Pillows
RE: Please Recommend Non-Invasive Nasal Pillows
I tried the Nuance and experienced major leaks around my right nostril. It just wouldn't seal.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2018, 10:39 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I hear you on the strap slippage.  I've had great success (with the P10) by putting half of the split strap under my hair at the nape of my neck, and the other half at the top of my head; my hair keeps it all in place.

Maybe I can figure out some sort of thing like this for the Nuance.

You go to Walmart and buy a $3.99 plain white baseball type cap that uses a Velcro backstrap on back to tighten it (those don't hurt to lay on). You cut OFF the brim, so you now basically have a skullcap. You then can sew a patch or two of Velcro where needed to stick the mask strap to so it doesn't slip off.

It works for me. It also allows a good base for using a chinstrap if you also need that.
Post Reply Post Reply
check out the brevida or pilairo masks by fisher&paykel. they are really soft and good on leaks in my experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
I alternate between the ResMed P10 and PR Dreamwear. Both are comfortable, stay put and give me low unintended leak rates. I tried a F&P Brevida, but just couldn't get it to fit well.

I agree with other posters who say to  go with the largest pillows interface that will just rest in the tips of your nostrils. For me, it gives me the best fit and lowest noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Brevida - soft, non irritating pillows. Seals great for me.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Pillow Masks

I have tried (3) different pillow masks with always the same results that makes me revert to my Philips Wisp mask. I would prefer to be able to use the pillow but! When I feel the hard cartilege that is inside between the nostrils that cartiledge feels closer to the left side. Because of that the pillow style always makes the left nostril sore in the morning. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there away around it?

I most recently tried the Respironics Nuance thinking that because it does not protrude into the nostril that the results would be different but that was not the case. 

Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
The Brevida is a good mask for sure, but if the criteria is non-invasive to the nostrils, it doesn't meet it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm mainly a Dreamwear user. When I hear it making noise it is invariably because there is something near the leak port on the cushion. Your hearing is probably better than mine but I've never heard noises from the air going down the side tubes. My leak is also generally quite low.
Airsense 11, Airsense 10, Airmini, P10 and P30i
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2018, 04:13 PM)robermax Wrote: I'm mainly a Dreamwear user.  When I hear it making noise it is invariably because there is something near the leak port on the cushion.  Your hearing is probably better than mine but I've never heard noises from the air going down the side tubes. My leak is also generally quite low.

I didn't know I was hearing it (the tubular noise with the Dreamwear) until I switched to the P10.  Once I heard the silence of P10, I realized all the noise I'd been coping with with the Dreamwear.  Yes, there's the exhaust sound, but I also hear the sound of the air coming down the side tubes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2018, 08:13 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 04:13 PM)robermax Wrote: I'm mainly a Dreamwear user.  When I hear it making noise it is invariably because there is something near the leak port on the cushion.  Your hearing is probably better than mine but I've never heard noises from the air going down the side tubes. My leak is also generally quite low.

I didn't know I was hearing it (the tubular noise with the Dreamwear) until I switched to the P10.  Once I heard the silence of P10, I realized all the noise I'd been coping with with the Dreamwear.  Yes, there's the exhaust sound, but I also hear the sound of the air coming down the side tubes.

Do you have the soft cloth cozy's installed on the side tubes?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,764 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 320 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 397 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 863 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.