Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Review Data - 1st Night on Auto 10
Please Review Data - 1st Night on Auto 10
This was my first night on the Resmed Airsense Auto 10 after six weeks on the Dreamstation and the data looks a lot different.  I feel good.  I was alert for the entire day including after lunch (for the first time in ages).

My main concern is that on the Dreamstation my data was filled with VS, VS2s and Hs.  I would have a max of two centrals flagged per night.  

I snore - a lot and loudly.  I'm lucky my wife didn't try a different kind of "pillow therapy" before I got diagnosed.  I don't see many snores or Hs flagged.  Instead, I see a lot of CAs.

Does the Auto 10 machine go about looking at snoring differently?  I'm a little concerned that it's flagging so many centrals versus the Dreamstation if they aren't really CAs.  

How do I reconcile the data between the two different machines in terms of the volume of CAs flagged with Resmed versus the Dreamstation?

Also, my 95% pressure was as high or higher on the Dreamstation.

Thanks for looking at this.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Please Review Data - 1st Night on Auto 10
As you can see, your settings at 5-18 with EPR 3 result in no change in pressure at all. My suggestion is to set to 6 minimum 10 max and EPR at 2. My guess is you will see an even lower AHI and fewer CA events. Your data is not lying, the air is simply delivered based on your spontaneous rate rather than what the machine predicts it should be. Did you have any snore complaints?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  My snoring hasn't been a problem since starting on the APAP. 

I was surprised to see my residual events seemed to have switched from Hs to CAs when I changed machines.

I've posted Dreamstation data for comparison FWIW if anything.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you’re looking to track audible snoring, the Snore Lab iOS app is great.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More early night blockages, therefore is Auto better? Scarper 2 154 02-28-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Scarper
  my first night of sleephead data Fiddy 8 305 02-21-2019, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Fiddy
  [CPAP] Has anyone seen the review on the DreamPort mask yet? Dreaming1 12 714 02-19-2019, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Dreaming1
  Could you please review ? sleepyzzz 38 944 02-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sleepyzzz
  REMstar Auto System One 60 Series not recording data wml52 0 127 02-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Last Post: wml52
  [Treatment] Settings Review jminminnesota 3 200 01-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Clue to night waking panic attack in data? willo 6 425 12-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: willo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.