Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Review My Oscar Results
Please Review My Oscar Results
Hello,

Can someone please look at my Oscar screen shot and see if anything I should know stands out? I currently have my pressure set from 9-16. Should I increase my minimum pressure? I switched from Dreamwear FFM to Airtouch F20 and my 95% pressure went from 12 something to 15-16. Should I also increase the maximum? I was only diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. Is it weird to have pressures this high with someone that only has mild sleep apnea? AHI has always been below 1.0 since I started CPAP treatment in January. 

Another random question - is it normal to wake up in the middle of the night and feel like your mask isn't even working even though the pressure is much higher than when you went to bed? I can't hear it because of a loud fan, so sometimes I have to look over and make sure it is actually on. I guess your body gets used to it gradually through the night? 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Review My Oscar Results
Welcome to the board!

ResMed raises pressure when you have flow limits. Flow limits are apnea but the smallest ones. They are NOT scored in the AHI. you can see how apnea is scored in my signature on the bottom of the post. 

To help eliminate flow limits we use EPR.  Your EPR is set to the maximum of 3 but you have it set for ramp only which means while you are asleep you are not using EPR. 

Change the EPR to full time and your pressures will not be as high. 

Also with the EPR on full time you should be able to turn the ramp off. In ramp no therapy is being given and if you remove your mask to use the restroom it starts over again.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
With a low AHI, there is no need to raise your pressure.

Stacy explained it well.  You are experiencing some Flow Limitation which can disrupt sleep.  Compare the pressure graph with the FL graph.  You can easily see when the FL is higher, your pressure will also rise.  This can be avoided by using EPR.  Currently, EPR is set for ramp only.  Set it to EPR 3, full time.  

The next time you post a chart, whittle this down to the following graphs:
Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Leak Rate.

And yes, you do get used to the quietness of the machine. Even after 8 years, I sometimes wonder if my machine is actually running, as I can't hear it or even feel the pressure. This is as it should be.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2022, 10:40 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Welcome to the board!

ResMed raises pressure when you have flow limits. Flow limits are apnea but the smallest ones. They are NOT scored in the AHI. you can see how apnea is scored in my signature on the bottom of the post. 

To help eliminate flow limits we use EPR.  Your EPR is set to the maximum of 3 but you have it set for ramp only which means while you are asleep you are not using EPR. 

Change the EPR to full time and your pressures will not be as high. 

Also with the EPR on full time you should be able to turn the ramp off. In ramp no therapy is being given and if you remove your mask to use the restroom it starts over again.

(06-06-2022, 11:49 AM)OpalRose Wrote: With a low AHI, there is no need to raise your pressure.

Stacy explained it well.  You are experiencing some Flow Limitation which can disrupt sleep.  Compare the pressure graph with the FL graph.  You can easily see when the FL is higher, your pressure will also rise.  This can be avoided by using EPR.  Currently, EPR is set for ramp only.  Set it to EPR 3, full time.  

The next time you post a chart, whittle this down to the following graphs:
Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Leak Rate.

And yes, you do get used to the quietness of the machine. Even after 8 years, I sometimes wonder if my machine is actually running, as I can't hear it or even feel the pressure. This is as it should be.

Thank you both! I will try EPR and see if that improves things. I had tried it before with the Dreamwear FFM and my AHI went from around 0.3 to more like 0.9, so I turned it back off after a couple nights. Based on my current images, is my current flow limitation high enough to cause my sleep and/or cpap treatment to suffer? Or is it more like a "it is already pretty good, but this might make it even better" type of thing?
Post Reply Post Reply
In the two charts shown, your flow limitation values are 0.17 and 0.19. The general consensus is that we try to get flow limitation value below 0.10, so you have room for improvement. Trying EPR at 3 cm H2O, and Full Time should show improvement in the FL. It's possible your AHI may increase a little, but the reduction in pressure bumps should improve your sleep over the long term.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 180 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 131 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,013 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.