Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Review The Data & Give Recommendations
RE: Please Review The Data & Give Recommendations
(01-13-2018, 07:52 AM)ajack Wrote: are you talking to the doctors about a pacemaker?

Not sure where this came from but no, the ticker is fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's normal to have a bit lower pulse when asleep than when awake. I assumed they were investigating why your heart rate at rest, was slower than the normal.
"My resting pulse is 43 but I think 35 is just a tad too low."
https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/tc/b...e-overview
"For most people, a heart rate of 60 to 100 beats a minute while at rest is considered normal. If your heart beats less than 60 times a minute, it is slower than normal.

A slow heart rate can be normal and healthy. Or it could be a sign of a problem with the heart's electrical system ."
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2018, 01:50 PM)ajack Wrote: It's normal to have a bit lower pulse when asleep than when awake. I assumed they were investigating why your heart rate at rest, was slower than the normal.
"My resting pulse is 43 but I think 35 is just a tad too low."
https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/tc/b...e-overview
"For most people, a heart rate of 60 to 100 beats a minute while at rest is considered normal. If your heart beats less than 60 times a minute, it is slower than normal.

A slow heart rate can be normal and healthy. Or it could be a sign of a problem with the heart's electrical system ."

Ah, no, thanks for remembering but my heart is fine (well, haven't had a Cath done) but echo, EF, pulse is all fine...I'd be doing another ultra-marathon in March if I hadn't come down with a hernia.

What I am 'alarmed' about is the fact that the ResMed ASV doesn't have a large leak alarm LOUD enough that I can hear.  At first I didn't have the alarm on and when the mask connection (F20) came unclipped, I was off the ASV for an hour and probably enough apnea that woke me up gasping for air. 

I have turned the alarm on and with the hose off, there is enough air coming out of the hose that makes it impossible for me to hear (I have a difficult time with high pitch tone), and my wife can only hear it if she is listening for it.  For something this important (at least to me), it would be nice to have an alarm that is loud enough to hear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Super athletic will be the reason for the slow beat then Smile Your rate during the night will probably be considered fine then. Still bring it to your doctors attention.

My dad just had a night in hospital, with rates in the 30's. He had med changes for CVD and he would benefit from a pacemaker. He had another heart attack and stent 2 years ago. We are thinking of putting the pacemaker off and letting nature take it's course on this. He is 96 and just because you can, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

You could get a quote to have an extension alarm and perhaps a doctor request may get the insurance to cover it as a needed modification. They would need to open the machine and hook into the alarm circuit. It's a $50 job, but they won't charge $50.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Spoke to the DME and they can't help with a mod to increase the alarm volume, I called ResMed and spoke with them and they also said they do not have a way to increase the audible (large leak) alarm.  I wrote them a letter and told them that I thought it would be a good idea, especially for patients that rely on such an important machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently have a FFM and wanting to try a Hybrid.  The machine has 3 options; FFM, Pillows, Nasal.  Should I leave the machine set on FFM since the Hybrid is very similar?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would call ResMed on that one.  They should be able to answer it or they'll take a swag.  It likely doesn't make too much difference as far as the effectiveness of your therapy.  Which hybrid are you looking at?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm looking at the InnoMed/RespCare Hybrid mask.  My one concern is that while I do a fair amount of mouth breathing, I also tend to get nasal restrictions and I wonder if I'll need to turn up the pressure to help keep my nares open.  As it is, I only run (ASV) at 4 and max of 15.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know how you like the hybrid. I also mouth breath and the pressures of my auto-CPAP sometimes go up to the maximum and often go above 15.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, I just read these hybrid masks are supposed to be better than a full face mask for mouth breathers. I dont know why that would be since FFMs also apply pressure equally to both passages. Do you know what the advantage of the hybrid is?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 624 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,000 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 316 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.