Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please Take A Look At My Oscar Data
RE: Please Take A Look At My Oscar Data
Thanks for everyone's responses. 

My sleep apnea report states "The stud ywas performed by a polygraph system, Alice NightOne. Airflow and Snore were measured using a nasal pressure transducer. Oxygen saturation and pulse was measured using a pulse oximeter. Thoracic respiratory effort was recorded by a respiratory inductive plethysmography (RIP) belt."

So it sounds like I had a chest belt but not a belly belt? Thus it is possible it could've missed my centrals?

My sleep report also lists that "Snoring was positional". I also find that if I try to sleep on my back I am more or less unable to breathe. Overall it seems possible but not likely that my sleep study missed the centrals?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please Take A Look At My Oscar Data
If you are a belly breather - apparently not common - then it likely missed any belly effort.

To find out, lay down on your back and put an average book on your belly. Now breathe normally. If the book moves up and down, you are belly breathing.

It's possible to change your breathing pattern, but it's difficult. I can force myself to chest breathe for a while, but I quickly revert to belly breathing. Funny story - when I was in the ER with my heart attack, the nurse watching me complained that the breathing alarm kept going off, in spite of the fact that I was carrying on a conversation with her. Yep, they used a chest belt.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 35 2 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 105 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 403 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 141 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.