Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please check my stats to assist with better sleep
Please check my stats to assist with better sleep
Hello,

My stats don't seem to bad, (I don't think) but I would like to not wake up so many times at night. Can I get some advice about what to try?
Thanks,
u4ea

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please check my stats to assist with better sleep
You are using your Vauto in a fixed pressure mode with PS 3. There is nothing obvious that needs correction here, and not much of a hint in your post of what you'd like to change. So looks good to me other than the long breaks in therapy. You may want to limit the range on the leak chart to 0. to 60. There is no resolution with the auto-scale for the Y-axis, and leaks look to be pretty steady.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hard to tell what's waking you. scroll through the last few minutes of each session looking for oddities in the flow rate that might give you a hint. another thing is to pay attention to what's happening, what you recollect as you wake up, and how you feel upon awakening. take notes, record them on a voice activated recorder, video yourself in bed. see if you can associate any of that with the oscar data or lifestyle stuff. lately I've been waking up very thirsty, suggesting I'm eating too much salty snacks too close to bedtime (or carbs and sugar since I'm borderline diabetic). sometimes it's the simple things, you know, what they call sleep hygiene. if you're taking meds, particularly in the evening, look them up to see if any affect sleep. if so, maybe you can take them earlier in the day. obviously, the point is to try to identify things external to pap therapy that might affect your sleep.

meanwhile, one strategy is to consolidate your sleep. in the last screenshot you were masked up for 7 hours in a 10 hour period. pick a 7 or 8 hour period and limit your time in bed to that period for at least a month. avoid naps. theoretically you'll be more tired when you go to bed and therefore less likely to wake or at least reduce the time between waking and falling back to sleep. I used to say I needed 18 hours (including sporadic naps) to get 8 hours of sleep. I've been able to reduce the apnea and periodic limb movement that were the worst offenders for me, now getting 6 or 7 hours in an 8 hour period and not napping nearly as much. I've learned over time to minimize awake time by forcing myself to roll over and go back to sleep instead of reading, playing with my phone, watching a movie, eating, etc. I'm not always good about this but fortunately it's not as frequent anymore: if I can't get back to sleep within 15 minutes or so, I might get up and do those things in another room until I feel calm/tired enough to go back to bed. I figure I had untreated apnea for a very long time so I shouldn't be surprised if it takes some time overcome that. for me it's been a long slow slog but it does get better in time so stick with it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sheepless!

I had turbinate surgery about four weeks ago and the ENT told me it will take approx. 8 weeks to heal fully.

It's only been 4 weeks so far. I still wake up congested and that interferes with my sleep.

I appreciate all your thoughts on my fragmented sleep. I feel that if I could sleep through most of the night, I could get into a better sleep pattern and sleep hygiene.

I also feel that Oscar provides a ton of data, but interpreting it is the difficult part.

I wish that there was a detailed manual for Oscar, so I could get a better handle on what is disturbing my sleep.

I really appreciate your input.

Thanks again,
u4ea
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been delinquent in not reading the wiki much but I think you'll find a lot of the kind of info you're looking for there. the link is at the top of this page in the black banner or look under 'help' in oscar. navigation didn't strike me as being very intuitive in the 2 minutes I just looked there but try clicking on 'list of all pages' at the top left of the home page, then look for oscar or any other topic that interests you. in addition, just by hanging around the forum for a few months, it'll all begin to make more sense to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of these days we will update the Beginner's guide to Sleepyhead, but start with this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sheepless!

I will check out the Wiki Etc.

u4ea

Thanks Sleeprider!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 160 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 137 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 428 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 393 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 204 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.