Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] How to format an SD card
Information 
How to format an SD card
Thanks to Zonk for finding this:

Zonk Wrote:

Step 1: Click on Start button
Click on the Start or Windows button and then click on My Computer. Mac users click on Menu and then Utilities and select Disk Utilities.

Step 2: Insert SD card
Insert the SD card into your computer's card slot, or use a USB card reader.

Step 3: Right-click on Format
Right-click on the SD card icon and select Format from the drop-down menu. Mac users click on the card icon and then the Erase tab.

Step 4: Select settings
Select the format type, file size allocation, and name the card. Then hit Start or OK.

Tip
The computer will warn you that formatting will erase all the data on the card. Click Okay to continue.

Step 5: Wait
Wait for the card to finish formatting before safely removing it from your computer or card reader.

Did You Know?
The first SD or Secure Digital cards were marketed in 1999 as a way to safely and easily transfer media from digital devices.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to format an SD card
Of course it formats just like any other standard drive. The question I first had when I set it for use with my S9 is what file system?
FAT? FAT32? NTFS?
Typically I use MicroSD cards as they fit in my phone but I have slots for SD and MicroSD.

Anyhow, just checking it - my card uses the old fashioned DOS-based FAT file system, aka "FAT16".
I think I tried to format it as NTFS but it seems the machine had other plans. IOW it might initialize (format) it on its own.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2012, 12:00 AM)Ugly Wrote: Anyhow, just checking it - my card uses the old fashioned DOS-based FAT file system, aka "FAT16".

Interesting. My PRS1 uses SD cards formatted VFAT (FAT32).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2012, 01:02 AM)JJJ Wrote:
(12-06-2012, 12:00 AM)Ugly Wrote: Anyhow, just checking it - my card uses the old fashioned DOS-based FAT file system, aka "FAT16".

Interesting. My PRS1 uses SD cards formatted VFAT (FAT32).

I guess it's poorly documented but perhaps it's reassuring that if the card isn't formatted properly, the machine will do it for us regardless of what file system it uses. I hope. At least it worked for you and me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] What format for SD Card for Dreamstation 2 ttfespe 9 5,963 02-13-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  Oximeter Data Format & OSCAR purplebear 20 2,238 12-27-2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: redhermes
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Format SD Card in ResMed Airsense 11? eddie19852004 23 10,250 11-13-2021, 12:58 PM
Last Post: canada1947
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,886 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,328 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.