Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Life Expectancy of RESPIRONICS Bipap auto SVadvanced
Life Expectancy of RESPIRONICS Bipap auto SVadvanced
I am new to this forum. 
1. Can anyone advise me of how long my model of machine is expected to last?
2.  When will Medicare allow for its replacement? I have used it for 5 years.  
3. It works well except has caused heat damage to the bedside table. Is this normal?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Life Expectancy of RESPIRONICS Bipap auto SVadvanced
Is heat damage might be from the power brick being on the table? If so than yes you should always have the brick on the floor. I put a plate under mine.

As far as life span no telling. I've heard of one machine that lasted 10 years or more. Medicare will replace your machine after 5 years when it no longer works. So when they ask if it works you say ............  Wink
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Life Expectancy of RESPIRONICS Bipap auto SVadvanced
I am waiting for my replacement after 6 years. It is "working" but has 18k use hours. My doc switched me from Bilevel to Auto Bilevel so doesn't matter if old one still chugging.
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,260 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,115 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 232 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 790 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 681 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.