Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help. Data interpretation. Feel like crap.
Please help. Data interpretation. Feel like crap.

[Image: Cj7dH0C.png]

[Image: uM7E8zK.png]

[Image: LPt9czf.png]

[Image: YATOD3Z.png]

[Image: mW0vy5P.png]

[Image: TxK4wdu.png]

[Image: gPx63q8.png]
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help. Data interpretation. Feel like crap.
Mark, your numbers don't look bad at all. So I think it goes more to sleep comfort issues. Are you enjoying your time asleep? Do you sleep on your back, your side, your head, or all the above?

Look to the things that can impact the quality and comfort of your sleep now that you have taken the steps to eliminate the apnea. Maybe give the cat a bath or something.

...and post some more about "feeling like crap." What exactly are your symptoms?

Post Reply Post Reply
Per your much appreciated suggestion I am sleeping in a power reclining chair and mostly pretty comfortable.

Feeling like crap:
Exhausted.
Feeling like I'm hung over and haven't had any booze whatsoever in weeks and when I do it is one bottle of Guinness with pizza so that isn't it.
Crabby - well according to Wife but what does she know? Grrrrrrrrr.
Here in Sinus Valley Ohio it seems it is always one allergen season or another. Oh-jeez
I'm wondering if because I felt so good first week I just over did it and must accept I can only work a few hours a day? This is still better than not working at all as in prior to cpap. I have been rotor-tilling, doing electrical and drywall projects. However if I ever get this house rehab completed I can go back to Flawduh and swim in Warm Mineral Springs and salt water again so I am pushing as hard as I can.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well Mark, I've been coughing a lot the last two weeks. You must have got my cold from me. Sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 01:02 PM)trailrider Wrote: Well Mark, I've been coughing a lot the last two weeks. You must have got my cold from me. Sorry.

You have my sympathy! I wish you the best.

Post Reply Post Reply
If I am seeing your leak rate properly, it looks very high - and consistently high. Are you mouth breathing? have a bad fit?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 12:22 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Per your much appreciated suggestion I am sleeping in a power reclining chair and mostly pretty comfortable.

Feeling like crap:
Exhausted.
Feeling like I'm hung over and haven't had any booze whatsoever in weeks and when I do it is one bottle of Guinness with pizza so that isn't it.
Crabby - well according to Wife but what does she know? Grrrrrrrrr.
Here in Sinus Valley Ohio it seems it is always one allergen season or another. Oh-jeez
I'm wondering if because I felt so good first week I just over did it and must accept I can only work a few hours a day? This is still better than not working at all as in prior to cpap. I have been rotor-tilling, doing electrical and drywall projects. However if I ever get this house rehab completed I can go back to Flawduh and swim in Warm Mineral Springs and salt water again so I am pushing as hard as I can.

There's the problem! Next time you have a beer choose one that does not have a pizza in it.

As to crabby: I like crabby. I practice being crabby lots. My motto is if you always complain about the little things then when something big comes along you will have already gotten their attention.

But yes, the immediate euphoria of feeling better can lead to taking on a bit too much. So pace yourself and understand this is a process. You're really doing great.

(05-15-2015, 01:07 PM)DariaVader Wrote: If I am seeing your leak rate properly, it looks very high - and consistently high. Are you mouth breathing? have a bad fit?

The leak numbers on these PRS guys are confusing. But he's only been over the top 1.9% of the time, so that's not too bad.

It does bring something to mind Mark, and that's your humidity setting. You might need to increase it a little now that the seasons have changed. Or decrease it even. Darned if I know for sure. But I do know I had to bump mine up a 1/2 a point the other day because when I got up my throat felt like it had been air dried.

Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that the large leaks weren't that excessive, but the last image shows a maximum tidal volume of 6720. To me, that's seems excessive. Could the Bi-PAP be overlooking a leak?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 01:07 PM)DariaVader Wrote: If I am seeing your leak rate properly, it looks very high - and consistently high. Are you mouth breathing? have a bad fit?

It would seem so. I am going to get a FFM next pay day and see it that helps. I have worn FF HAZMAT respirators for many years and while I don't like them I am acclimated to them. I bought the Wisp in large part because of the quick disconnect/swivel features but it may not be what I need otherwise.

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, if you want to declutter your display you can turn off PRS1_01, PRS1_02 and all the UF events in the graph. Nobody knows what they are, so they just make it messy but provide no information.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 194 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 835 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.