Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear ?s and stuff
Dreamwear ?s and stuff
Dreamwear ?s:I have been using the Dreamwear nasal mask to give my nose a break from pillows (I use lanolin but they still get sore). My machine (ResMed AirSense 10 - CPAP Autoset) has an option for picking a mask type. I know that Dreamwear is considered a nasal mask but wanted to verify that is the correct mask type to pick. Does it matter? I actually tried both settings to see if either felt better and honestly didn't notice a difference. My AHI tends to be a little higher with the Dreamwear ~2-3 instead of under 1. Anyone else notice that? I still figure it's better than no mask so I am going to continue to try the Dreamwear because I really like how it feels though I seem to get more leaks when sleeping on my side. Wish they made an extra small cushion as I think I'd do better with a slighter smaller opening.

and Stuff:I'm going on my third month of therapy and my AHI is mostly looking good, I'm getting used to wearing the mask all night (first month I lasted 3-4 hours then bailed) but I am still waking up 5-6 times a night (so annoying). I go back to see my doctor in September and if I'm still waking up as much they are going to do an in lab study, I was diagnosed via a Home study (AHI = 13). Oh well, I feel Ok but never really felt bad before my diagnosis other than the waking up so much.

PS I love this forum - so helpful and drama free. like
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear ?s and stuff
mhelen,
The Dreamwear is a Pillows type mask. A nasal mask completely covers the nose.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 101 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 339 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 351 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 860 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [Mod Note] Keep Your Stuff Together SuperSleeper 1 1,727 12-21-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 344 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 530 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.