Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help! I don't have any insurance to get a sleep study done, what can I do?
RE: Please help! I don't have any insurance to get a sleep study done, what can I do?
The original poster is in California. Also StacieB is in the same boat, but undisclosed location.

The lebanite would be me, but I'm already studied and in treatment. I'm in TN by the way. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help! I don't have any insurance to get a sleep study done, what can I do?
I think the californian posted pre-obamacare... This thread was dusted off after a long time sleeping... hopefully he/she is in a better situation with the changes - many are. Stacie must have options she doesnt know about, though.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
The wonderful thing about affordable care is no matter how cheap the premium is, the deductible is usually into multiple thousands. So even with a $2500 sleep study and a $1000 setup for machine and supplies you might not even reach your deductible. All you gain is the privilege of paying premiums and hassling with insurance companies.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are located in Northern California, Somnarus is conducting a research study on a new apnea measuring product. You get a free FULL sleep study plus $100 for participating in the study. Not bad for one office visit and one night in bed at the lab.
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
A nurse practioner can script a cpap machine and mask. Even a dentist can. Find one to script a prs1 auto aflex , buy a used one.

Do not allow the insurance and medical mafia stop you. Being tired is the least of your worries. '
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 238 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,525 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.