Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help! I don't know what else to try with BiPAP (UARS)
RE: Please help! I don't know what else to try with BiPAP (UARS)
Screen shots of the latest attached. Does this look pretty good? I still don't understand why my mask comes off every single night after 90 min, any other suggestions? Appreciated! 
Fixed BiPAP. IPAP 13, EPAP 9. Flexmode = Risetime of 100ms

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you're using ramp, turn it off. The leaks are a significant issue, so getting a stable fit on your mask is a priority. Using rise time, the default is 300 ms, and 100 is a very fast transition from EPAP to IPAP. Doesn't seem like a problem, so let comfort guide you on this. I think for now, turning off the user flags and variable breathing will help us to see more of the statistics and a better view of events. You seem to have fairly frequent arousals, but I can't identify a cause.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My mask fits pretty well, surprised I show any leaks. I've noticed that OSCAR software shows a leak beginning exactly 2 min prior every time I take my mask off (even if testing it on the couch).  Did you mean hide the full left panel for OSCAR Screenshots or just how more of the left panel (there were no categories beyond User Flag #1/2). I attached last night's screenshots, hopefully there's something there I'm missing. thanks for being patient with me!  

Side note: I did have a pretty significant spontaneous arousal index during each of the 5 sleep studies I've had (31.6, 8.9, 21, 20.6, and 20.5 during bipap titration), does anyone know if this is something I should be alarmed about? None of the doctors seemed to think so...

Post Reply Post Reply
the middle screenshot could be plm at roughly 45 second intervals. consistent with your mention of jerking legs and arms, too many arousals and some relief with klonopin. docs will tell you nothing to worry about. my own experience with plm suggests otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright a few more nights in with video and I think I found something. Last night looks pretty good until I shifted to sleeping on my back at 1:50AM, which appears to be much worse on OSCAR. Any advised next steps? Could changing from fixed BiPAP to Auto BiPAP mode help? Or am I stuck with the old wear a backpack to bed approach to stop sleeping on my back (I hope not)?

Sheepless – I’m curious to hear your experiences with PLMs and what, if anything, has worked. I’ll shoot you an pm.

Side note: This is great that you all take the time to do this, I’m sure you are improving a lot of lives

for screenshots: Full Facemask. IPAP 13.5 EPAP 9.0. Fixed BiPAP mode. BiFLEX Off. risetime = 100ms.

Post Reply Post Reply
you can search the internet & this site for periodic leg or limb movement, plm, restless legs syndrome, rls.

this might be a good place to start:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...g-movement

feel free to ask questions here in your thread or in the plm thread noted above.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 3 819 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: gzaw
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 22 448 03-17-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 202 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 4 491 03-11-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 486 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  UARS suspected - how set IPAP and EPAP jrcifani5005 20 1,030 03-05-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: jrcifani5005
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.