Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help. I must quickly, accept or reject an unfamiliar VAuto by 3PM PDT, Sun 5/5
RE: Please help. I must quickly, accept or reject an unfamiliar VAuto by 3PM PDT, Sun 5/5
trigger and cycle are more of a comfort settings. heres a picture that shows what each of them do.

[Image: 2n052lv.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help. I must quickly, accept or reject an unfamiliar VAuto by 3PM PDT, Sun 5/5
You were effectively running min pressure 15, you would expect less snore and FL than the 10.4 you had on apap. If you found it more comfortable, it would be a plus reason.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks were a problem last night on your machine this coincides with the increase of Flow Limitation with the large leaks during the last two hours limited the ability of your machine to accurately measure the flow rate

I think you should reduce your EPAP you previous setting on the Resmed Autoset was min 10.4 with EPR 3 that equates to a min EPAP of 7.4 not 10, I don't see a need for an EPAP of 10 and would suggest reducing your min EPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you zoom in onto the flow waveform as much as you can so we can see the highs ? I use very similar settings to you on my nasal i use 10 EPAP 15 IPAP, and your ahi seems legit under <0.5, that's just great. If you're comfortable with these settings its time to hit ti control trigger and cycle.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with jas that you should reduce. I think you will need more than bonjour suggested, being your effective apap setting to start you off. It is going to be between the two somewhere. It might even be what I suggested, it's test and review the results.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I only suggested a start at the old settings. Not to stay there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I thought that and why I said to start you off "bonjour suggested, being your effective apap setting to start you off."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2019, 02:02 AM)crowtor Wrote: Can you zoom in onto the flow waveform as much as you can so we can see the highs ? I use very similar settings to you on my nasal i use 10 EPAP 15 IPAP, and your ahi seems legit under <0.5, that's just great. If you're comfortable with these settings its time to hit ti control trigger and cycle.

Do you want to zoom a segment with and around a spike? Please clarify that. That somewhat high level of pressure you mention does not bother me, unless, it relates to the LL toward the end of sleep, something seeming more recent and to be checked. However, my long term pressure, 95%, is 12.4 and I think that is what the AirCurve reports for these first three nights. 

Meanwhile, until tonight when I'll post some SH graphs, many thanks to you and to ajack and jaswilliams (and to anyone else posted just above and not yet read) for their helpful responses. I immediately followed bonjour's specification of levels and have been amazed, both before and after resetting, at the much lower levels of snore and FL I've seen from the AirCurve. Thanks, bonjour, for giving me those settings to emulate those for the Autoset (for a year?). 

I use the same climateline hose and mask so it is a difference in machines delivering a much improved result, I'd say.

Indications of snores (negligible now with the AirCurve) at the awake moments immediately after turn-ons of pressure seem to indicate not all AutoSet/SH-reported snore is actually snore. As I understood it, one of the reps at vendor #2 suggested long ago that ResScan presents a more accurate picture of the nature or level of FL and Snore than SH if one is preoccupied (as I admit being) with those two RD's. Dunno, but suspect turbulence and settling-in explain the immediate startup bursts indicated as snore, but can't understand why the difference during sleep. Is it a therapeutic difference, an inherent machine/algorithm difference or new-to-me placebo effect?

Off topic, but delays (last night) arising from an old computer motivate immediate installation of SH on a newer computer where I also have a larger monitor setup. I see the profiles in the Directory folder, but where are data? The profile looks too small to hold everything. I looked for and at posts explaining migration and was not yet seeing the pathway clearly, nor was I ready to make any change and download OSCAR.

2SB

PS. I kept the AirCurve as expected and any "fear" or  "anxiety" suggested above, if any, was from the risk in buying used machines. Was it fully functional, any possibility it had been dropped with hidden damage from water, etc., . . . ?  There were 48 hours for a VPAP-know-nothing to decide.  2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Whatever the Autoset does, the Vauto can do better. You can't go wrong with this therapy, and it's just a matter of getting dialed in.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, to any new readers who began with page 2: I bought the used unit, experts here at AB helped me set it like my Autoset has been set, just during a trial period after which they will likely suggest tweaks when they see some graphics with more days of results from the AirCurve 10 VAuto . 

Below are SH results from the three May 2019 "nights" 04-05, 05-06, and 06-07: all using the settings suggested here.

I request recommendations and will zoom any areas desired.

Sorry to be slower than intended with some poor time management, but that gave me more graphics to present--fact and/or excuse as you may see it. Thinking-about 

2SB

[attachment=11795][attachment=11796][attachment=11797]
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 18 303 1 hour ago
Last Post: Raven87
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 13 284 2 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions shedu1337 7 183 04-22-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 110 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,163 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,033 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 193 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.