Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help. SleepyHead quit its reliable display and summary of SpO2 data.
Please help. SleepyHead quit its reliable display and summary of SpO2 data.
From 12/2015 through 5/2017 SH flawlessly presented SpO2 data and summaries. Right after a (major?) W10 automatic maintenance update, ca 6/1/17, SH would not open. I'm reasonably sure that until the failure I was using SH's "Broken GL" version. I got a tip from the forum, but did not succeed in solving the problem. Without success I did the necessary uninstalls before reinstalling the Broken version and then installing the Beta version (the latter vsn ID is noted at the top of the SH graphic below). (It seems I had to or did install some Windows C++ along my stumbling way, too.)

Though irrelevant, but as backdrop for the SpO2 displays, I present certain of the SH graphics and its data summary for sleep the night of 8/10-11 (another of the increasing instances of "double aught" sleeps--zeroes for both AHI and leaks--thanks to applying general and specific reply helps from the Forum and its moderators after terrible PAP beginnings.)

SH's presentation is from the same O2 data as were handled by the SpO2 Assistant software as seen farther below. The SH disparity is typical after ca 6/1/17. SH pulse rate and O2 saturation graphs are truncated (compressed?) and they display a spurious repeating pattern that recurs in lower and lower frequencies. The SH perfusion index graphs, strangely and typically, repeat at basically one frequency.

Sorry to leave this where you have to see the imgur screen for the two images. I couldn't follow directions properly to use the image posting techniques employing the ""or Quick Reply methods.

Many thanks for reading and any help you can offer.

2SB

PS
I will be looking beyond low AHI's after recently seeing Dr. Krakow's points regarding lower level breathing limitations that don't register as apneic events in SH or ResScan.

http://imgur.com/a/5zsh9
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help. SleepyHead quit its reliable display and summary of SpO2 data.
(08-12-2017, 03:03 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote: Sorry to leave this where you have to see the imgur screen for the two images. I couldn't follow directions properly to use the image posting techniques employing the ""or Quick Reply methods.
That sentence should end "...employing the '' or Quick Reply methods."
My attempts in doing some editing were deleting good text as I tried to do insertions, no matter what I did with the INSERT key and I didn't see the error.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Uh Oh! My "correction"dug the blunder hole deeper. Missed in reviewing the original and "corrected" version of the sentence, I think now that my content typed the 1st time between double quotation marks, " ", and the 2nd time betweensingle quotation marks, '  ', all disappeared because of the proper rendering of my violation of HTML or PHP coding tag rules for presenting images.

The [ i m g] / [ / i m g ] sequence, which I used (without the extra spaces) between the pairs of quotation marks would disappear if an image were called up appropriately by the content between the two image tags. Sorry for the repeated and confusing blunders.

Wishing I had noticed the error in Preview of the posts and agreeing with others the option to edit a posted item would be great. Sorry for confusion.

Another Uh Oh, but too lazy to fix it. "betweensingle" above should be "between single" but if I try to insert the space that will delete the "s" in single. Something strange about this page or my laptop's INSERT key. Dont-know

(I came back to this page to see how I botched the overall original post and would explain the lack of response...only to see the repeated error. Thinking-about )

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure SH was written in Java or at least has a Java front end. I have no experience with Windows 10, I'm a Mac user and only run Windows 7 in a virtual machine, and have avoided upgrading to Windows 10.

I would suggest you see what version of the Java Runtime Engine (JRE) is and evaluate whether it needs updating or fixing. That would be my best guess as to what the actual problem is. SH may be assuming an older version of the JRE and if the Windows update replaced it with a newer version, that might have triggered the issue.

You're sure the SH version you're using is the current one?
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2017, 10:43 AM)Dawnstar Wrote: I'm pretty sure SH was written in Java .  .  .

SleepyHead is written in C++, using opensource qt (pronounced "cute") as its development platform.  I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think some other people have reported similar problems with oximetry data when using the new 1.0.0-beta. Unfortunately I don't know if the older 0.9.8 version will run with the new Windows 10. Also, the roll-back of the data is not possible unless you made a backup when you upgraded.

I have a CMS-50F myself, so I will try to duplicate the problem(s) I have seen reported. I may or may not be able to fix them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm aware of Qt, that would have been my second guess.

Good to know.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2017, 03:03 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote: .  .  .  Right after a (major?) W10 automatic maintenance update, ca 6/1/17, SH would not open. I'm reasonably sure that until the failure I was using SH's "Broken GL" version. I got a tip from the forum, but did not succeed in solving the problem. Without success I did the necessary uninstalls before reinstalling the Broken version and then installing the Beta version (the latter vsn ID is noted at the top of the SH graphic below). (It seems I had to or did install some Windows C++ along my stumbling way, too.)

You might try this procedure.  It seems to work with ResScan:
Steps:
  1. Windows Key+"R"
  2. Type: appwiz.cpl -> ENTER
  3. Select Turn Widows features on or off (Upper Left of Screen)
  4. Change the "dot" to a "check mark" (select all options) on the the first 2 options:
    This is performed by fully expanding each category and selecting any box not checked.
    • .NET Framework 3.5(includes .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0)
    • .NET Framework 4.7 Advanced Services
  5. Select OK
  6. Exit the wizapp.cpl
  7. Reboot
  8. Try SleepyHead
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for responses and suggestions Dawnstar, Crimson Nape and pholynyk. Now to get to work applying the approaches suggested.

Regarding ResScan, I've not seen any departure from its consistent performance as I approach 2 years of usage. Nevertheless, I will see what can be done with the approach that has worked for it.

The question for me now is the order in which to proceed. Maybe start with seeing if that  0.9.8 version (mentioned above) is the same as the Broken GL version I was using and revert to it if so.

A novice, I have a lot of homework to do to even learn how to determine, let alone change the version of Java (if that is possible for W10).

Again, I appreciate your helps.

2SB

Post Reply Post Reply
.net and or Java have nothing to do with SleepyHead (as in absolutely nothing!)
if in doubt and you feel the need for the VC++ runtimes - make sure that you install the 32-bit files of the 2013-version as well! (yes! 32 bit - Yes 2013!)

0.9.8.1 works on the creators update of W10.

What works for some with SH 1.0.0 Beta 2: import with the SPO2-Assistant from the device - copy that file to a location on your drive where you store your "normal" documents (like: "your documents" or so)

Let SH import that file from there - should work.

(A side-note on the VC++ redistributables / runtimes: newer is not always better - they are released in line and according to the Visual Studio versions (that is what the programs are build with) - programs build with VS 2013 will need the runtimes for 2013 - 2017 is not really helping there! - If you have a 32-bit program (like SleepyHead) you will need the 32-bit runtimes - no matter if you have a 64-bit system or not!)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,720 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,190 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.