Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help - central apnea on bipap
RE: Please help
(07-20-2012, 05:53 AM)block560 Wrote: Hi, I'm on vacation in Burlington, VT. My c-flex pro2 shut off this morning and started beeping an error message e-47. What do I do? I have another night here and have a tough time sleeping without it, well my husband does. LOL
Its been discussed in this thread - Hope that help
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-E-47-Error
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: central apnea on bipap
Hi, Jimmy. Sorry to hear about your challenges. Zonk's suggestions seem like good ones. Forgetting to inhale sounds like you are possibly having Central Apnea events where the brain fails to send the signals to breathe. If you were using software, it would be possible to see if your sleep data showed open airway (possibly Central apnea) events or if you were having obstructive (regular) apnea events that woke you. I don't have any problem with Central apnea myself, but I have, on just a couple occasions, been awakened because I wasn't breathing due to obstructive apnea--scary.
With a full face mask, one need not worry about mouth breathing, since the mask covers both nose and mouth. Even if your mouth is open, you still get the machine's full pressure (full therapy).
As for leaks, check to make sure you don't have the headgear (straps) too tight. Having them overtightened can collapse the seal part of the mask and create leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input. I do not have a sleep doctor just a GP who is not very informed on subject. CDL physical is what started all this I did not think I had a problem. In the middle of the night last night I figuured out how to change pressures and set inhale to 11.5 and exhale to 8 and swapped to a hybrid mask.Slept well from 4 am to 7 am.Machine has SD card but do not know how to use it yet.Well off to work I will will stay in touch.Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2012, 04:18 AM)jimmy Wrote: I have moved from cpap to ipap this week and I am seeing this,I start to fall asleep and about the time I doze off I forget to inhale and wake up hard.

This has never happened to you before you started BiPAP therapy?

When I switched from CPAP to BiPAP I started experiencing a lot of central apneas. The doctor had to lower the pressure to get them under control.

We're you diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea? What were the results of your sleep study? What was your AHI?

Why did you switch from CPAP to BiPAP?

Quote:I have not had any luck at all with tharapy.My settings are 15 on inhale and 4 on exhale.Should I go back for another sleep study? I have had bypass surgery3 years ago. Also nasal congestion is an issue, have tried full face mask but leaks and mouth breathing are a problem. I am getting desperate any help would be appreceated.

You should definitely discuss the issues you're having with your doctor. Meanwhile, try to continue with the therapy. Your body will acclimate to it with time.

If mouth breathing is an issue while wearing a nasal mask, the remedy is either a chinstrap or a switch to a full face mask.

It's okay to mouth breathe while wearing a full face mask.

Have you tried the NeilMed sinus rinse kit for your nasal congestion? I highly recommend it.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help - central apnea on bipap
MODERATION ACTION: THREADS MERGED.

Hi Jimmy, please don't post identical messages in several threads.... it gets confusing for people who want to help you. Thanks.

The three threads you started have been MERGED into this one thread.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 576 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.