Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help, frightened Bipap user with chest pain
RE: Please help, frightened Bipap user with chest pain
Great news!  I filed a complaint against Kaiser, and I had an iron infusion appointment within the hour!  It's on Monday.  It will be nice to take anemia off the table for now.  Also asked for my sleep doctor to see me sooner than 2 weeks from now.   

Here's my report from last night.  I feel pretty good about it, except my nose kept itching and I would scratch it, letting little leaks happen.  But I got over 7 hours, with just one trip to the bathroom.  My new chin strap seemed to hold my mouth shut well.  I didn't change any settings yet, I wanted to see what a full night would look like first since my first night was pretty short.  More importantly, chest pain was minimal.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the wins. Keep up the good work.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great results!
You could hold with these settings for a couple days or at least until you have your iron infusion. Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your first good night!  You have made a big step forward.  Keep going!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all! Going camping this weekend. It's a whole new world figuring out sleeping equipment! Thankfully we have full hookups this trip! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question...I'm diving deeper (I am a researcher at heart) and since I have some centrals on my at home sleep study (posted earlier in this thread) but more obstructive, should I have the Vauto? I'm reading it's only for OSA?
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a couple things you can do with the VAuto to possibly help with CA's.  One is to try lowering the Pressure Support a little, and the other is to raise the Trigger setting to high or very high.  

Note:  The VAuto is not used to treat Central Sleep Apnea, but the settings above can have an impact on CA's.

You only have a handful of CA's, so for now don't worry about it. Go on your trip and relax! When you get back, post a couple graphs and we can see what needs to be changed if anything.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a Kaiser patient too, and your success in getting timely help is inspiring! Such good news that the chest pain abated. I hope you'll feel lots better after Monday's infusion. Have a good camping trip in the mean time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whether the VAuto would be better or if APAP is better depends on the flavor of CA. If it's treatment emergent, VAuto may be helpful with trigger edits. But if it's pre-existing CA like I have then NO the VAuto will make CA worse as Bilevel without backup breath rates will tend to increase CA. I have had that exact thing happen to me because my CA are pre-existing.

PS regardless of CA, the ASV/SV Auto machine is the only type to actually treat CA. All others must have pressures set to Avoid the CA.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all!  And as far as Kaiser goes, this has been a 3 month battle with several calls and visits.  It hasn't been easy!

I'm curious about my centrals...I'm posting close ups of what they usually look like.  Pretty messy before it marks it as central.  I've read it could be from possibly rolling over and holding breath?  A few don't look like this but most of them do. 

I won't worry about it camping, and yes, we can mess with it all when I get back!  Love this board so much.  I'm so proud to tell my family and friends I've already learned how to hack into my system and analyze data. Smile

Cyndi 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 633 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 343 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.