Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings to mimic natural breathing?
RE: Settings to mimic natural breathing?
Have you considered Narcolepsy?
thought I'd replied earlier but don't see it. I've never seen what happens to our throats/airways but your throat remains open so it isn't obstructive. as mentioned above, it could be a common hypnic jerk. or, by your description it sounds like what happens to me when falling asleep without the machine and I don't initiate a breath (central apnea).
You should definitely get a PES sleep study, I know Jerrald Simmons does them. With a history of reflux, weird spasms and very low AHI, you are the perfect candidate. Most your arousals are in REM and almost all limb movements are in REM. Your REM sleep is very fragmented which would explain your frustration with sleep quality.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,090 7 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 148 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 511 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 383 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 488 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.