Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need advice
Need advice
I have always had morning headaches and felt like I didn't sleep.  I had a sleep study, at home version, and they recommended the APAP.  I did notice that I didn't get the morning headaches but I don't feel like I am resting any better.  I felt like I was given a machine and that was that.  They did adjust the pressure once but I slept worse and had them adjust it back.  No more interaction with the doctor other than that.  My wife found this site and I am hoping for a little help.  I am attaching a couple of screenshots but I am not sure what I need to post.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need advice
Welcome to the forum.
We do look at the AHI in the left sidebar so please make sure that is included
The important charts are Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limits, Leaks.

Your problem is central apnea, and in the past 3 months they haven't really changed, making this idiopathic (I don't know the cause) Central Apnea.  I would like to see what it was on your diagnostic study. Note that Central Apnea has a characteristic that it is consistently inconsistent, in other words, it commonly jumps all over the place.

You are not using EPR and in this case that is good.  But I would like you to try setting EPR=1, Fulltime.  This may cause your central apnea to increase but it will reduce your hypopnea, RERAs and Flow Limits in additon to being a bit more comfortable.

Your AutoSet is NOT designed to treat Central Apnea, in fact its programming is designed to ignore central apnea.  The only machine that treats Central Apnea is the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV.  ASV machines are hard to get and justify to insurance so it will not be easy.

A real big deal now is How do you feel?  Be critical and write it down in a journal.  We need to build a case for you to get the ASV, 
you say "I don't feel like I am resting any better", quantify that and start there.  Have you had any headaches since starting therapy?  These are important.

Ask your doctor how to eliminate or significantly reduce the central Apneas you are having.  This in itself should be a major complaint and also in your journal.

Please post a 10 minute view of your centrals so we can see what they look like.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I have changed the EPR and I believe the screenshot is what you were wanting. 

Post Reply Post Reply
those I believe are disturbances from mini arousals and not true events, the advantage of seeing the detailed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed the EPR to 1 Fulltime.  On the Oscar report it shows EPR off but I just checked the machine and it is set to 1.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking at the wrong day.  These are the correct ones.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 176 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,544 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 329 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 466 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 293 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,030 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 188 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.