Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help me decide whether I need to continue with CPAP
RE: Please help me decide whether I need to continue with CPAP
(01-22-2022, 10:02 AM)Elgeeone Wrote: If your wife cannot comprehend the necessity for pap therapy and possibly supplemental oxygen, something is very very wrong.

My wife can comprehend it, and is one hundred percent supportive. In fact, she is keen that I continue to use it, even though I'm not certain that it benefits me all that much.

At the same time, we now sleep in a room that looks like an intensive care unit. There's the all-night humming and hissing of the machine, combined with various lights randomly switching on an off.

Decorating my mask hose with a sleeve with teddy bears on has back-fired somewhat, because it now looks like a children's intensive care unit. 

The last time my wife saw me in a mask, she was told to expect the worst. While I take your point, I know that the whole business makes her very uncomfortable.

We've put up with worse, I guess; I just wish we didn't have to.

BW, DS
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help me decide whether I need to continue with CPAP
I have probably shared this, but I keep my Vauto in a bedside drawer with the tube and power routed out of the back of the cabinet.  During the day, the drawer is closed and there is no evidence of the CPAP.  At night, I suspend the tube from the headboard and down to where  I sleep.  I use a plain blue Snuggle Skins fleece cover which is soft and covers up to 8-feet of tube, so it covers all the way from the machine to the mask.  The image below had the shorter fleece cover.  Since you have some sensitivity to your bedroom looking like a hospital, this is a solution that works. It also ensure there is absolutely no sound or light from the unit to disturb sleep.  Pull out the humidifier chamber in the morning and wipe-down, close the drawer, and stow the mask in a net pouch on the back of the cabinet and everything is neat and disappears. This image shows the open drawer, hanging tube and power connectors, but all that goes away. This picture is getting old. I no longer have a phone or alarm clock. Smile

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28461]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Very low AHI....should I continue CPAP? Cmeifd 2 671 07-14-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Cmeifd
  [Treatment] How to deal with Anxiety related to Ahrrythmia/Palps and CONTINUE THERAPY ewriter 2 603 02-05-2023, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Seeking advice as to whether continue use - OSCAR reports included Vinapnea 4 580 10-20-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Supposed UARS] No benefit from APAP after 3 weeks, continue to increase pressure? SteveIsTired22 7 896 10-10-2022, 01:57 PM
  Opinions wanted - Stop or Continue PAP after wake up B1Sailor 14 1,288 10-09-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  [CPAP] Should I continue CPAP? North Star 10 1,396 09-13-2020, 12:19 AM
  Do we know how many people don't/can't continue CPAP? kderevan 42 4,182 11-26-2019, 07:29 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.