Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added
RE: Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added
(02-04-2021, 12:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Alan, Medicare requires a provider to warrant a machine for 3 years, and they will cover repair or replacements. You need to contact the DME supplier and explain the problem. you may want to tell them you suspect a pneumatic block failure.

Thanks
I called the DME and they will have someone call me to set up replacement / return, knowing what the problem was and what the warranty  was helped.
Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added
(02-04-2021, 12:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Alan, Medicare requires a provider to warrant a machine for 3 years, and they will cover repair or replacements. You need to contact the DME supplier and explain the problem. you may want to tell them you suspect a pneumatic block failure.

I ended up in the hospital for a week and took the machine to the DME yesterday. They called me today and told me the Medicare warranty doesn't apply because I am on a Medicare Advantage plan. The Machine is just over 2 years old and the sleep techs statement is it holds pressure and I need to request a new machine from the Dr.

Its a nationwide DME, do I have any recourse other than the insurance company? If I have to pay out of pocket I will purchase from one of the online vendors.

Thanks
Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd think continual calls and working your way up to managers on the phone may be necessary. I'd dig into your Advantage plan to maybe call them or otherwise discover the real info about the 3 year warranty or not situation. I'm not convinced Advantage negates the 3 year aspect, but I could be wrong.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2021, 02:18 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'd think continual calls and working your way up to managers on the phone may be necessary. I'd dig into your Advantage plan to maybe call them or otherwise discover the real info about the 3 year warranty or not situation. I'm not convinced Advantage negates the 3 year aspect, but I could be wrong.

The DME had his supervisor on the phone that dealt with insurance, I guess I will call my insurance direct after I hear from the Dr. I don't know if its fact or just their interpretation.

I don't use them anymore for supplies because of insurance issues (them telling me I don't have insurance and billing me 100% when they had an approval and the insurance company had no record of denial and they said it was denied) but the other local supplier doesn't provide the Resmed machines at the Medicare pricing

Thanks
A-
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like that DME needs replaced with one with more honesty. They seem to have forgotten how to be above board. Get your PAP machine issue resolved then fire this DME.

Also be sure to not give your banking info or credit card info to the DME. I'd even take it a step further and let your insurance know the shady dealings from this supplier.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is pretty outrageous. There is a pneumatic block fault, and even though it produces pressure the noise is a known issue and it is nearly always covered by the manufacturer. This DME is being extremely lazy not to escalate the problem to Resmed to determine if there is coverage. A new machine costs just a little over $500, and used machines are frequently available on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for less. Is that an amount you can live with?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2021, 03:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: This is pretty outrageous. There is a pneumatic block fault, and even though it produces pressure the noise is a known issue and it is nearly always covered by the manufacturer. This DME is being extremely lazy not to escalate the problem to Resmed to determine if there is coverage.  A new machine costs just a little over $500, and used machines are frequently available on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for less.  Is that an amount you can live with?

I can live with the cost, I have a spare machine for travel / hospital stays, I would just rather not pay out of pocket. I spent about 8 hours trying to straighten out the supply issue a year ago
so I quit using them and took away all my credit card info. It took about 3-4 months to get my money back but it is just such a waste of time.

A-
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #1 is offering a 10% discount and free shipping on an Autoset at $589. Supplier #2 is at $539 with free shipping. You can't go wrong with either one, and sometimes if you call in-person, you can get a better deal than what is advertised. You can probably still get out-of network coverage on purchases from these online suppliers, and the cost may not end up being that different. You're on the right track to first check with your insurer, however I really think the business model for insurance is to make things so frustrating that you just buy what you need. I actually think medical expenses would be a fraction of their current levels without medical insurance. There was a time when we only had catastrophic coverage. It's a lot like the government paying for college tuition. Costs go up when there is a payer with big pockets. We just have to remember it all comes out of our pockets.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked before but I also would like to ask here.
I have used my ResMed Auto  provided by My Medicare Advantage plan about 6 months. 
I bought myself a brand new ResMed Auto on craigslist using as backup machine, also for travel purpose. I haven't use it yet.
How could I register my machine bought on craigslist for Medicare Insurance knowing that I use CPAP machine every night -Wink. I read somewhere that I have to use the machine for at least 13 months for not being charged money out of pocket.
I recently got a bill from My DME supply charged of things like tubing, masks, chin strap....
Hope some could clear out my confusing.
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dapal, how much do you get charged for supplies like tubing, masks etc? It might be less expensive to buy discounted supplies.
If you are in your compliance period, than for the first 13 months, just use the Medicare supplied machine, and keep the one you bought for standby. There is no way I know of to register a second machine for Medicare compliance, however you can ask your supplier. After 13 months, you can use either machine and not worry about it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,842 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 124 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 844 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,290 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.