Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

User new to changing settings
RE: User new to changing settings
This looks great, but controlling leaks would be a plus. Flow limitation is essentially gone, and I think any events are more related to leaks. We can see on these charts that the periods where leaks are low, the minute vent increases, and so I'm not worried about the apparently lower tidal volume as compared to your original therapy. Again, solve the leak and comfort will follow.

If you want to try a lower EPAP pressure, then EPAP min at 8.0 may be okay, but you look pretty good at 9.0 with total pressure flucturation less than 3-cm through the night. That's pretty much the goal. I have no idea how you ended up at 23/16, but you didn't need it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 09:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This looks great, but controlling leaks would be a plus. Flow limitation is essentially gone, and I think any events are more related to leaks. We can see on these charts that the periods where leaks are low, the minute vent increases, and so I'm not worried about the apparently lower tidal volume as compared to your original therapy.  Again, solve the leak and comfort will follow.

If you want to try a lower EPAP pressure, then EPAP min at 8.0 may be okay, but you look pretty good at 9.0 with total pressure flucturation less than 3-cm through the night.  That's pretty much the goal.  I have no idea how you ended up at 23/16, but you didn't need it.

I didn't really expect this to be good. I stayed up far too late to fix something I should have fixed weeks ago.

I expect the real test for how low the pressures can go will be if I wake up for a bathroom break, and when I get back to horizontal, my nose is stopped up
and will stay that way until the pressure gets up to X cmH2O. X=12 works, I don't know how much lower than 12 works, and I'm not even sure that's a
good way to determine a min pressure, ie for an event that doesn't happen every night.

I'll be away from the BiPAP for a couple of weeks, although still asking questions here, and then I'll resume BiPAP.

Where did you see the 23/16?
Thanks,
Michael
Post Reply Post Reply
23/16 was from a different thread and senior confusion...please disregard.

I'm not advocating a lower pressure for you except as an option you are open to consider. The main thing to sort out is the leaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 09:52 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: 23/16 was from a different thread and senior confusion...please disregard.  
I'm not advocating a lower pressure for you except as an option you are open to consider.  The main thing to sort out is the leaks.
Understood.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 121 Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 248 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 442 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Smile [CPAP] Hello, newish user trying to get settings dialed in. RustyOs 0 265 02-11-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: RustyOs
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 323 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 293 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 432 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.