Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help me interpret my data. What could cause low O2?
RE: Please help me interpret my data. What could cause low O2?
Good morning Stacey,

Far fewer central apneas last night! Still have a lot of flow limitation and lower oxygen than I'd like: min of 87%, average of 93%, spent about 60% of the time above 92%SpO2.

I had a couple beers last night which I know does not help. I don't drink often, will be curious how these settings work long-term.

I may up the max pressure slightly as I was sitting at 12.0 for a fair bit of time last night.

Will also try wearing something to force me to lay on my side.

The screenshots below look a little different because I took a 30 minute nap (using the CPAP) in the afternoon. Thus the large gap between the initial data and the bulk of it.

O2 during the 30 minute nap was great: min of 93%. Flow limitation also seems to be lower, which I'm assuming means my airway hadn't yet started to relapse/collapse given that I wasn't really unconscious.

Does my leak rate (second screenshot) seem OK to you? I'm not sure what a "good" or "bad" level is there.

As always, thank you so much for your help. It's confusing/scary trying to navigate this stuff alone and I really appreciate your input.

- Murph

Post Reply Post Reply
Show us the detail on your O2 levels preferably overlayed on your OSCAR charts. How long were you at or below 88% as that is considered by many to be a very important measurement? Mon O2 levels only say to look deeper, and by themselves mean very little.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure how to get my O2 data into OSCAR. I use an Emay pulse oximeter that syncs the data to my phone via bluetooth.

That said, last night when I went under 88% it was only for a few seconds at a time. My worst period of oxygenation was just over 5 minutes spent oscillating between 89% and 90%.

From what I can tell, this 5 minute period was about 3 hours into the night, just prior to the a big increase in flow limitation.

I've had nights with extended periods under 88% (45+ minutes), but those were using far lower pressure settings and before I started importing data into OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not aware of the Emay pulse oximeter. Does it produce a binary, or any file that contains the data? Not to get your hopes up, because even if it does produce one, someone is going to have to see if it can be parsed and programmed into OSCAR.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It makes a CSV file with the raw data available, here's a link to the product: https://www.emaycare.com/products/sleepo...en-monitor
Post Reply Post Reply
Then post a copy of your O2 data chart with a timeline so we can match things up. Because you are asking about oxygen levels post everything you can except the raw data from your oximeter..
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, have been closing on a house and as a result running around like a crazy person the last few days.

Here is my OSCAR data and O2 report from last night. I still have periods of time spent pinned at my max pressure with high flow limitation.

It looks like I have incorrectly set my time zone in OSCAR, so it is one hour off from the oximeter report. But I always start using my CPAP and oximeter at the same time, so 10:30PM on the oximeter data corresponds to 21:30 on the OSCAR data.

I'll update my OSCAR time zone.

I am thinking that getting my deviated septum fixed may be helpful here, because it seems that regardless of the max pressure the CPAP is unable to reduce the flow limitations.

It could also be that if I can solve these flow limitations I don't need as much pressure, which would be great because I do get aerophagia and central apneas sometimes.

Dan

.pdf   EMAY SpO2-20220809-221912.pdf (Size: 409.31 KB / Downloads: 3)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 699 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
Question Newbie here - Could you help me interpret data please? Unkikonki 7 536 12-03-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results YouTakeMyBreathAway 194 11,869 10-04-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  New APAP user need help interpret chart farmdog 5 568 09-02-2023, 08:57 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Can you help me interpret this cluster of events? TiredTom111 1 444 08-12-2023, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.