Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help me to understand OSCAR data
RE: Please help me to understand OSCAR data
First thing I would like you to do is reset the charts.  Yours are quite big and charts are left out.  You do that by going to View at the top and go down to reset graphs.  Then choose standard.  That should make the graphs the right size.  Please put up another screenshot with the new layout.  

And I don't understand, you said your high was at 30 but as I understand it the autoset you have only goes up to 20.  I had you set it to 20 the max and was going to have you set it down to what you seemed to need by looking at the pressure graph.  You got to 15 so I would set it to 16.  The low to about 7.  You did decrease your OA by quite a bit.  Everything looks ok, your Centrals are something that happens when you are getting use to pap therapy and we would have to see how they proceed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2020, 11:28 AM)staceyburke Wrote: First thing I would like you to do is reset the charts.  Yours are quite big and charts are left out.  You do that by going to View at the top and go down to reset graphs.  Then choose standard.  That should make the graphs the right size.  Please put up another screenshot with the new layout.  

And I don't understand, you said your high was at 30 but as I understand it the autoset you have only goes up to 20.  I had you set it to 20 the max and was going to have you set it down to what you seemed to need by looking at the pressure graph.  You got to 15 so I would set it to 16.  The low to about 7.  You did decrease your OA by quite a bit.  Everything looks ok, your Centrals are something that happens when you are getting use to pap therapy and we would have to see how they proceed.

What are centrals? 
I don't understand why I can't load the attachment the right size. It worked once before. 
I own a Mac/Apple laptop so "view" didn't work to reset the graphs.

Why was I being woke up by the mask blowing out? It leaked air like crazy 2 different times last night. There was no stopping it.
Thank you for helping me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Centrals are when you stop breathing but have no obstruction.  We do it all of the time while we are awake.  Like holding your breath when you bend over to pick up something. There is no obstruction to stop the breathing but we do anyway.  While we are asleep we may stop when we roll over in bed or reach down to pull up covers...  Right now you are not use to the pap and your body is reacting to something it is not use to.  Some people have HUGE amounts of centrals and have to have a special pap machine to deal with it.  You do not have a lot of centrals and I would think that in a little while they will diminish.

The part about the mask is why I asked to change the charts so I could see other things.  One being the leaks.  Your chart of events did not show any LL or large leaks.  If your mask blasted off there should be a large area of LL on your chart.  So I'm not sure why...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Answering your question about images. When you insert the image here, select the "Preview" button. In the preview window, right-click on the image and select "Copy Link Location" Go back to the edit window and the "Insert an image" icon. Paste the link in the prompt box.

The result should look like this:
Code:
Thumbnail:
[img]http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachment.php?thumbnail=26841[/img]
- or -
[b][u]Full Size:[/u][/b]
[img]http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=26841[/img]
For a full size image, you will see the nomenclature of "aid=". Sometimes this will come up as "thumbnail=", which will display smaller. You can change the "thumbnail" to "aid" to display it as regular size.

Example:
  • Thumbnail:
    [Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=26841]

• Full size by changing the "thumbnail" to "aid":
    [Image: attachment.php?aid=26841]

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The other thing I suggest you do is to change the height of your graphs so you can see more graphs in one screenshot. Just move your mouse over the bar between two graphs. It will turn into a resize arrow. Click and drag the bottom of the graph up. Do that to each graph and you should be able to see five graphs in one screenshot.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see you have had quite a bit of help in moving to Autoset mode and using EPR. The results are mixed and I think with some minor modifications we can tame the pressure changes which are responding to flow limitations being detected. This suggests that you have some upper airway resistance and I suspect your diagnostic test showed mostly hypopnea events.

The EPR at 2 has lowered the 95% flow limitation from 0.14 to 0.08. We need to reduce the pressure variation that is disruptive to your sleep and recapture some of the comfort. Please make sure ramp is off. Set minimum pressure to 7.0 maximum pressure at 10.0 and EPR 2. Your machine has two Autoset modes, standard and soft. I’d like you to try soft mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2020, 04:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I see you have had quite a bit of help in moving to Autoset mode and using EPR. The results are mixed and I think with some minor modifications we can tame the pressure changes which are responding to flow limitations being detected. This suggests that you have some upper airway resistance and I suspect your diagnostic test showed mostly hypopnea events.

The EPR at 2 has lowered the 95% flow limitation from 0.14 to 0.08. We need to reduce the pressure variation that is disruptive to your sleep and recapture some of the comfort. Please make sure ramp is off. Set minimum pressure to 7.0 maximum pressure at 10.0 and EPR 2. Your machine has two Autoset modes, standard and soft. I’d like you to try soft mode.

OK Sleeprider, I adjusted my settings to your suggestions. I hope I have a better night.
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2020, 04:35 PM)DotLove Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 04:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I see you have had quite a bit of help in moving to Autoset mode and using EPR. The results are mixed and I think with some minor modifications we can tame the pressure changes which are responding to flow limitations being detected. This suggests that you have some upper airway resistance and I suspect your diagnostic test showed mostly hypopnea events.

OK Sleeprider, I adjusted my settings to your suggestions. I hope I have a better night.
Thank you
After adjusting my settings, I had hoped for better results but my app, "myAir" tells me I had 4.2 Events last night. I'll try to insert the graphs.

(09-24-2020, 10:09 AM)MarthaRose Wrote:

After adjusting my settings, I had hoped for better results but my app, "myAir" tells me I had 4.2 Events last night. I'll try to insert the graphs.
I hope the the attachments work. I couldn't do the URL. Maybe I don't understand or maybe because I use an Apple laptop. But I shortened each Graph so I could do three attachments. 
Thank you
[Image: attachment.php?aid=26898]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2020, 10:09 AM)MarthaRose Wrote:

Thank you

(09-24-2020, 10:09 AM)MarthaRose Wrote: After adjusting my settings, I had hoped for better results but my app, "myAir" tells me I had 4.2 Events last night. I'll try to insert the graphs.
I hope the the attachments work. I couldn't do the URL. Maybe I don't understand or maybe because I use an Apple laptop. But I shortened each Graph so I could do three attachments. 
Thank you

Here is page 2 and 3 of my charts. Please help....I have an App called myAir and it indicated that I had 4.2 Events last night. Things are worse after  I made those adjustment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry but the charts are not readable. 

1st the left column needs to be scrolled up to show the top.

2nd the charts themselves need to be bigger. The event chart is so narrow that it looks like lines. It should show small vertical marks and the lettering on the left side is unreadable. Take your mouse to the bottom if the chart and resize it. If you need a picture I think I can make it and attach. 

Do that with each chart.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 155 5 hours ago
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 103 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 377 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 23 1,207 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 96 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 174 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77
  [CPAP] OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - Unsupported O2s Francois1963 0 74 04-09-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Francois1963

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.