Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help me to understand OSCAR data
RE: Please help me to understand OSCAR data
I think Dave's question is a good one one to consider. I saw your results this morning, and it seems we go back and forth from obstructive to central and back again, for no apparently logical reason. Meanwhile AHI remains around 4. With the incresed pressure at 8.0, your obstructive apnea index is half of what it was at a pressure of 7.0. So in spite of centrals being higher, we are going to keep the settings the same for now and watch if the centrals diminish on their own. I am seeing wild variations in flow limitation. and at some point, I want to look at a close-up zoomed image of what is going on with your breathing when the flow limits are high. The idea is to look at a 2 to 3 minute closeup of the flow rate during a period of high flow limitation.

For now keep settings the same. if you can figure out how to do a zoomed image, that may be helpful, but I'd rather you just continue with therapy and we will see how consistent the events are.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2020, 08:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think Dave's question is a good one one to consider.  I saw your results this morning, and it seems we go back and forth from obstructive to central and back again, for no apparently logical reason.  Meanwhile AHI remains around 4.  With the incresed pressure at 8.0, your obstructive apnea index is half of what it was at a pressure of 7.0.  So in spite of centrals being higher, we are going to keep the settings the same for now and watch if the centrals diminish on their own.  I am seeing wild variations in flow limitation. and at some point, I want to look at a close-up zoomed image of what is going on with your breathing when the flow limits are high.  The idea is to look at a 2 to 3 minute closeup of the flow rate during a period of high flow limitation.

For now keep settings the same.  if you can figure out how to do a zoomed image, that may be helpful, but I'd rather you just continue with therapy and we will see how consistent the events are.

Sleeprider, I did my best with trying to zoom in on the flow limitation chart. I hope this helps you. I tried several times to make it larger but the file became too big to download here. Yesterday during the doctor call, her told me to raise the pressure to 11, which I did but soon realized it was too much and I was not comfortable so I lowered the pressure to 10. Just FYI I've been using cpap for over 3 months, starting with 6 as the fixed pressure.
 These are my charts from last night.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's great sleeprider is giving you advice - he is excellent.

You misunderstood what he meant by zooming in. I do not own a Mac so I hope I can still help with the zoom.

Try this - take your mouse and click inside the Flow limit. Next use your up arrow on your computer - that makes it zoom. Each time you press the up arrow it gets bigger. The down arrow zooms back out and the left and right arrows move it in that direction. Now you want to get the area you want zoomed into the length of time you want. the time is on the bottom of the flow limit chart.

Once you have it zoomed in to the correct area and size you want, press the F12 key to take a screen shot - that will make it the correct size to download to the site.

Hope this helps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2020, 01:04 PM)staceyburke Wrote: It's great sleeprider is giving you advice - he is excellent.

You misunderstood what he meant by zooming in.  I do not own a Mac so I hope I can still help with the zoom.  

Try this - take your mouse and click inside the Flow limit.   Next use your up arrow on your computer - that makes it zoom.  Each time you press the up arrow it gets bigger.  The down arrow zooms back out and the left and right arrows move it in that direction.  Now you want to get the area you want zoomed into the length of time you want.  the time is on the bottom of the flow limit chart.

Once you have it zoomed in to the correct area and size you want, press the F12 key to take a screen shot - that will make it the correct size to download to the site.

Hope this helps.

stacyburke, I did what you suggested but the file is still too big to attach. the f12 key doesn't screenshot on my computer.....it's done a different way.  I have tried everything I know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if this will help (from this wiki article):

Quote:On some computers F12 may not work as discussed. In that case use the menu View | Take Screenshot. Alternatively try pressing the Function key and F12 (or Control and F12) simultaneously.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok there is another way. At the left top of the screen find the word view. Click on view and go down to "take screen shot". That will take the screenshot instead of using the F12 button. You still need it zoomed in to the size you want as I went over in the last post.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2020, 01:41 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Not sure if this will help (from this wiki article):

Quote:On some computers F12 may not work as discussed. In that case use the menu View | Take Screenshot. Alternatively try pressing the Function key and F12 (or Control and F12) simultaneously.

Thinking-about

there was no Take Screenshot choice in my View menu. I don't understand  what is the difference in how my Apple laptop takes a screenshot by pressing  COMMAND, SHIFT, and 3  at once and the other ways?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2020, 01:41 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Ok there is another way.  At the left top of the screen find the word view.  Click on view and go down to "take screen shot". That will take the screenshot instead of using the F12 button.  You still need it zoomed in to the size you want as I went over in the last post.

There's not a choice for Take Screenshot in my View menu. Thanks though.
Post Reply Post Reply
@DotLove
I used MacBook Pro, hold FN on left side of keyboard then F12
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2020, 02:33 PM)dapal Wrote: @DotLove
I used MacBook Pro, hold FN on left side of keyboard then F12

Thank you dapal, but that didn't work. QUESTION: what is the difference how I screenshot? I do it the only way possible on my laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.