Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help me understand these pressure settings
Surprised 
Please help me understand these pressure settings
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2166]

My dad has been using this Respironics BiPAP Duet LX System for the past 12 years, but we need to change his pressure settings.

I'm confused as to how these pressure settings correspond to cm of water. I may not be in the correct set of menus? Please take a look at these settings and see if any can help us.

In the list of settings below, Mot DAC and Valve DAC are the only settings that seem to alter the pressure of the machine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hold the power button and the grey button to enter this mode:

Pr Sensor = 202
Cm=0.0 0=-0.1
Turing the machine on increases the Pr Sensor and Cm values
Pr Sensor = ~510
Cm= ~15.7 0=-0.1

Mot DAC = 0
Period -1
Mot may be Not, and the DAC value can be altered by using the grey buttons, it seems to range from 0-200+
When you turn the machine on, Becomes
Mot DAC=225
Period 136
As you lower the DAC, the per;iod increases. A DAC of 111 corresponds to a period of 279, and is a much lower pressure than a DAC of 225 and a period of 136. You can change these values while the machine is on, and hear and feel the difference.

Valve DAC=128
Turning the machine on does nothing. You can adjust the values of Valve DAC with the grey buttons
Lower values seem to reduce pressure, in a different kind of way.

Motor Current
ADC:1=2 mA

DC Level
ADC: 16=240 mV

Flow Input:
F1: 546 F2: 536
Turning the machine on changed the values to
F1: ~240 F2: ~840
The grey buttons do nothing

LPM: 0 (0)
0: -8 Raw: -8
Turning the machine on changes the values to
LPM: ~158 (~630)
0: -8 RAw: ~602

Pres SCI: SPI
0.0 00000:00000
The value in the bottom right is counting up
Turning the machine on changes the values to
Pres SCI: SPI
~15.7 00000.00000 (still counting up)
The left grey button restarts the timer

Clr time meters?
Yes

Deep Sleep?
Yes

FlowTable: -15883
Zero
Turning the machine on does nothing.
Pressing "Zero" Changed the value to 21845

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!
From his Polysomnographic 12 years ago:

"Impression:
1. Abnormal nocturnal polysomnographic examination revealing the following abnormalities:
a. Moderately severe/severe obstructive sleep apnea
b. prominent sleep fragmentation

2. Successful treatment of obstructive sleep apnea employing the following therapeutic parameters:
a. cpap pressure of 6cm of water
b. medium small respironics profile mask
c. chin strap
d. 12 feet of tubing
e. in-line humidification

Comment:
This patient has fairly prominent obstructive sleep apnea. There is considerable sleep fragmentation. Oximetry overall was relatively well preserved. Pressure requirements were fairly average.

The patient overall feels that he would like to continue to use the BiPAP, in that he feels his sleep would be more refreshing. Pressures under BiPAP would be difficult to calculate based on the present study, although an IPAP pressure of 8 or 9 and an EPAP pressure of 5 or 6 would probably be adequate."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,963 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 125 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 125 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 339 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 1,093 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 514 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 439 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.