Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Accidentally reset bipap to defaults - pressure settings now too high to sleep with
RE: Accidentally reset bipap to defaults - pressure settings now too high to sleep with
My dad had some unexpected expenses recently (car trouble) and can no longer afford to buy a new machine.

I believe I have figured out how to access the pressure settings (see last post), so if you can help me with that I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, if you can help me convince him that an auto cpap would be good, I'd appreciate that too. He is convinced that he needs a bipap, because he remembers 12 years ago that he COULD NOT (he is adamant) sleep with a cpap. He says he needed the pressure relief on exhale that the bipap offered, which is why he originally got the Duet LX System Bipap.

So he made up his mind that he would need a Bipap if he has to get a new machine, but the Bipaps are out of his price range. I think he could afford something at around $500, but the autoBipaps are much more expensive.

I kind of think he should try the autocpap, but am not sure what the difference between an autocpap with EPR and an autobipap are. They sound like they do the same thing...I've read a lot about this stuff, more than I ever wanted to know.

I don't know how to advise him - is he right in thinking he needs an autobipap?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 991 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 130 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 710 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,578 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] My sleep dr raised pressure to 16 Vickil 4 151 03-19-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.