Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help remstar m series auto
Angry 
Please help remstar m series auto
I just bought off Craigslist and of course the guy won't answer me back, a remstar m series auto bipap machine and when I adjust the pressure settings from 20-4 cmh2o it still outputs what feels like 20 I can't get it to work and have no insurance so any suggestions please help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help remstar m series auto
Hi Joshua22395,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions on how to help you with your machine.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello and welcome! Sorry to hear your having a problem with your new machine. I don't use that unit, but hopefully someone who has will have first hand knowledge on what to check.
In the meantime, maybe if you start from scratch you can check the settings:
Unplug the power cord from the back of the CPAP machine, then hold down both the left and right arrow keys while simultaneously plugging in the power supply. Once the device beeps twice, release the buttons. After you hear the two beeps, you'll see the word setup in the lower right corner of the LCD screen. When you select setup you'll be in the clinician's mode where you can adjust every feature of the CPAP machine, including the pressure setting.
This information was obtained here and there are manuals for clinician setup: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Again, welcome and hang in there as I am sure other members will have suggestions or specific instructions.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the help I tried the clinicians mode and 20cm H2O feels the same as 4 cmH2O what would cause that is the machine just broken for good
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2013, 10:03 AM)Joshua22395 Wrote: Thank you for the help I tried the clinicians mode and 20cm H2O feels the same as 4 cmH2O what would cause that is the machine just broken for good

I don't know a lot about this machine but there should be someone here that uses this machine that can help you. Do you have access to the software so you can look at the current settings and data? does this machine work at a set range or does it work as an auto set? Again, I know nothing about this machine but just trying to throw ideas out there for you to check into.

It doesn't surprise me that the seller isn't responding. whether the machine is broken or was fine at the time of the sell, he/she did what they wanted to and that was to sell the machine and they don't want to deal with it anymore. I hope that you didn't pay a lot of money for this machine in case it is broken. sorry I can't help you more.
Post Reply Post Reply
We'll I called Philips and they said it was the pressure sensor and that I'd might as well get a new machine I am so upset right now
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2013, 12:48 PM)Joshua22395 Wrote: We'll I called Philips and they said it was the pressure sensor and that I'd might as well get a new machine I am so upset right now

I can understand you being upset. We just can't afford to throw money away like that and your health is dependent upon treatment. Can you look at any of the suppliers and see if they have a machine you can afford? I know that won't make you feel any better but you have to get a machine and treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can look but I don't have insurance right now and the rx is way more than a year old so I'm outta luck For now I guess I'll look at other options for now
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2013, 04:17 PM)Joshua22395 Wrote: I can look but I don't have insurance right now and the rx is way more than a year old so I'm outta luck For now I guess I'll look at other options for now
If not mistaken, prescription is valid as long as does not have an expiry data.
Your GP or dentist can write prescription

Post Reply Post Reply
Prescriptions for durable equipment is different that medication prescriptions. They usually are still valid even after a year. And especially if you are not using insurance to pay for them, just need it to validate use to pay out of pocket.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 562 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,002 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,052 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.