Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help - still completely fatigued
RE: Please help - still completely fatigued
It's good to get the AutoSet. It records a lot more data.

However, we shouldn't be too down on the Escape Auto or the A10 CPAP model. They do record AHI information, which is helpful and a big step above the brick machine.

Once you settle out on the AutoSet, you might try increasing your minimum pressure. I find I feel better when I increase my minimum pressure a bit above where I get almost no apneas. It's like something is still happening even though I don't register any "formal" apneas. Maybe it's some form of UARS or RERA.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
As it happened to me - any blood work lately? My blood count had dropped down to 8.4, and had to go to hospital for a refill, then iron pills for 60 days (normal is around 13) - anemia can cause both tiredness, and low Blood O2 levels. Just a thought?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2014, 01:54 AM)Peter_C Wrote: As it happened to me - any blood work lately? My blood count had dropped down to 8.4, and had to go to hospital for a refill, then iron pills for 60 days (normal is around 13) - anemia can cause both tiredness, and low Blood O2 levels. Just a thought?

Thanks for the idea, but all of my labs look good. I have had several sets so far including everything from the normal stuff to vtiamins, minerals and hormones. I am getting to be a regular at the vampire feeding stationWink

I did get my s9 escape replaced with the s9 autoset. I have only had it a couple nights now, but being able to see the data is great!
To my surprise, I am seeing central apneas. 3-4 clusters of 10 - 11 per night so far. Is this something to be concerned about? I only had 1 during my sleep study.

Thanks to all who replied!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Marxxx. What pressure is your Autoset using compared with your Escape? Central apneas can be caused by higher pressures and in this case will often sort themselves out after a while. If not, you may need a different type of machine. But as you didn't have any significant number in your sleep study, the chances are they'll resolve themselves.
Post Reply Post Reply
The old machine was set 4-20. Many nights I stay in the lower half, some nights I top out at 14-16 (occasionally higher yet).
The first night I used this range, and the pressure stayed quite low - typically between 4-8.
Last night I set it at 12 - 20 to try and prevent some of the events. It seemed to work, no apneas and the hypopneas were down by more than half - although I got another cluster of 10 centrals.

It's only been two nights. Hopefully it does work itself out as you suggested.

Thanks again for all the replies!

Post Reply Post Reply
Try giving it a week or two at these settings to see if the centrals settle down. Normally they will.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I have complex apnea as my main apnea.

Centrals in my case was caused BY CPAP, so I was told I needed a ASV machine.

I have been self treating myself ever sense.

In my case those pressures would be too high, if your new machine can do bi-level like my ASV can I found I seem to be getting good nights of sleep with a exhale pressure of 7cm and a inhale of 12cm with a Max of 22cm.

You might find this some help:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...red-it-out

Rich

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2014, 07:09 AM)marxxx Wrote: The old machine was set 4-20. Many nights I stay in the lower half, some nights I top out at 14-16 (occasionally higher yet).
The first night I used this range, and the pressure stayed quite low - typically between 4-8.
Last night I set it at 12 - 20 to try and prevent some of the events. It seemed to work, no apneas and the hypopneas were down by more than half - although I got another cluster of 10 centrals.

It's only been two nights. Hopefully it does work itself out as you suggested.

Thanks again for all the replies!

Going from 4 - 20 to 12 - 20 in one night is too great a difference. Big changes can encourage CA's to come out. Try to keep your changes more modest. But now that you're at 12, stay put. You could drop the top end a little, say to 18. That would give you a range of 12 - 18 which would be reasonable.

The other thing to watch is what is your leak experience at the time you are seeing the cluster? Often times a period of high leakage can cause what looks like a cluster of events, or if the leak is severe enough you could actually be getting events. But CA's in this case are generally because the machine cannot accurately tell the difference between OA, CA, or anything else when the leak numbers are too high.

So just go for a few days, keep an eye out for leakage, and enjoy your new S9 Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good call RG, looking at the data the events do correlate to high leak rates.
Looking at my old data was odd. One night I would be 7-8cm, then next up at 15-16cm. I figured I would aim for the upper end to try and eliminate the apneas since the machine doesn't necessarily react all that quickly (going by RobySue's write up).

I guess it's really a journey to acquire more knowledge!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd look into other possible conditions...
1) Get a cardiac workup if possible.
2) Depression can cause extreme fatigue. Like, you just don't want to get out of bed.
3) Likely your labs have covered this -- diabetes can sap the strength from you.

I'd ask my doc to add an HgA1C and a 25-OH vit D test to next blood draw.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Can nasal airway stent help UARS but not completely treat it? airwaystent 9 974 12-19-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,810 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
Ohmy 3 years APAP, still fatigued and brainfogged meatwagon42 6 883 11-06-2023, 03:54 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  AHI low but still feel extremely fatigued. saiyangod 5 723 10-19-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  0.0 AHI - Fragmented Sleep and Waking Fatigued Korgunaard 10 1,376 09-08-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Still fatigued after year of treatment Starrve 13 1,560 07-25-2023, 07:12 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need Help - Constantly Fatigued Tron28 15 1,092 07-18-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Psychotech

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.