Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Any suggestions on improving my settings?
Any suggestions on improving my settings?
Like a lot of newbies, I joined in order to get some hints to make the most of my therapy (I say newbie -- and I am to the Apnea Board -- but I've been using CPAP about 15 years).

I formerly used a ResMed Airsense 10 daily (which works well, and I'll still use it for travel) but recently purchased a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for home use. A bit of a learning... ah, curve there.

I also just installed the OSCAR software, and thought I would ask the experts for any suggestions on how to improve things. I'm going to try to post the most obvious information to help, but please let me know if I missed anything. I'm getting married in a little over a month, and I don't want my new wife worrying about any weird sleep issues.

So here are some screenshots of my latest sleep and historical data. You can see where I switched from AirSense to AirCurve in the second picture, and I am not sure if the solid gold blob of color with the new machine is something I should worry about.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any suggestions on improving my settings?
Hello, Tester. I'm betting the experts here will be able to help you fine-tune your settings. You could help them help you by rearranging your Daily page a little and then re-posting it. Could you stack your graphs this way:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snores.

You may need to squeeze the graphs a little to get them all in one shot. You can do that by grabbing the horizontal gray bar between the graphs and moving them up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I'll include that, plus the rest of the information on the page.  Cool

Post Reply Post Reply
What I'm seeing is your OA events occur every time you bounce off your EPAP min setting of 6.0. With a low CA rate, I think you need a higher EPAP min of 8.0, and PS 3 or 4 to knock out the flow limitations and hypopnea. We may want to raise the PS after a trial at 3.0 cm. Basic titration principles are to increase EPAP for OA, and to increase PS for flow limits, snores and hypopnea. Suggested settings:
Mode: Vauto
EPAP min: 8.0
Max Pressure 16.0
PS 3.0 and expect this to increase as we see results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I'll try that tonight.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
It's only one night, and I woke up a bit early, but the stats definitely look better to my untrained eye.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hypopnea and flow limits are lower, and OA shows some improvement. If this feels more comfortable, that is all the reason we need to keep it. I think the fact the pressure is much more steady and moves in a narrower range helps avoid sleep disruption. If you compare the pressure graphs, you will see half as many fluctuations in pressure and much less abrupt changes. That can add up to feeling more rested.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try the new settings for a week, and then give an update.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,933 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 289 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
  [Pressure] Improving ASV Treatment SleepyBoi97 5 307 01-26-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Wayne41
  [Treatment] Request for help in improving therapy Evena 14 1,086 01-14-2024, 11:19 AM
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.