Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with OSCAR data
Please help with OSCAR data
Hello friends.

I just buy CPAP machine 5 years ago, connect it to AC and start to use. 

Yesterday I found out about OSCAR and your site, uploaded the data and saw that I have a large ANI index. Probably I can correct something to improve the situation? Guide me on the right path, please.

I open my mouth in a dream, and the mask does not always save. Also, the beard complicates the situation.
Thank you so much!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help with OSCAR data
Welcome to the forum. Your hypopnea and OA are clustered. This is most often caused by lowereing your chin to your chest. We recommend a soft cervical collar to prevent this, Read about it here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

I recommend you increase your minimum pressure to 6. This will permit your machine to respond faster to events and should be more comfortable. Most feel starved for air at a setting of 4. Try the collar and report back.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to suggest the same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much guys for help.

I increase minimum pressure to 6 and try to sleep with soft collar. Here is my result. Not good as I think:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are going to need a minimum pressure of 8.0. You are welcome to increase in increments of 1-cm per day until the obstructive apnea and hypopnea are reduced, and to give yourself time to adapt, but 8.0 to 9.0 is going to be your minimum. This is a significant improvement over previous results in terms of OA, but hypopnea is still present. The collar seems to have reduced the clustering, I think higher minimum pressure should be very effective in your case.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 928 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.