Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with dealing with central apnoeas due to CPAP
RE: Please help with dealing with central apnoeas due to CPAP
Glad to see you stuck it out and didn't make changes. CA events are not only less disruptive, but they are consistently inconsistent. Unless they are at considerably higher levels, the veteran members of the forum are reluctant to try to treat them. You made a good choice, and had better results last night than I did. Don't be frustrated if that fluctuates. Once you have addressed your obstructive events, the key to good therapy is to watch trends rather than individual nights.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI 0.29! What a difference. Congrats. Now the challenge is to see good numbers again. And the real trick, feeling better for it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all! All in time for my exam tomorrow!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my last 2 results.
Feeling really good at the moment.
I am pretty happy with this at the moment.
I am thinking the CA events should just get better by themselves with time.

Is there any adjustment anyone would suggest?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any edits to suggest. Try it a few days and look at the data. Also consider how therapy feels, and see if it keeps going in the right direction for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! I feel fantastic. I will just keep at this for a week or so and see after that!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, 
Thanks everyone for their advice!
I have been averaging around AHI 0.8 for the last few weeks. Mostly CAs, few hypopnoea episodes.
I am feeling heaps better, which is great!
Just wondering if there are any suggestions to try and improve things further?
Chen

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your results look great. Pressure is swinging from 9.0 to 15-16 on episodes of flow limitation, and I think an opportunity exists to level things out a bit. I would like to see EPR increased from 1 to 2 to reduce the flow limits, but this may increase CA events. So until you tolerate increased EPR, and that time will come, an increase of minimum pressure to 10.0 and decrease of maximum pressure to 14 should maintain the results you currently have and flatten the pressure swings. With results as good as you have, the objective needs to be comfort. Anything that is not as good for your sleep or comfort, even if I recommend it, should be binned.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,
Thanks again for your advice!
I will change the pressure as you suggested!
Chen
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 588 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,520 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,400 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 860 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,616 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.