Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with high leak rate
RE: Please help with high leak rate
Thanks Osiris357 for your response.  I do wear a cervical collar every night.  I tried the f30 and really wanted to make it work,but had a lot of problem with leaks especially when I turned from side to side.  The other problem I had is all the adjustments and trying to get everything right.  I found that the straps dug into my ears and the lower portion of my nose would get irritated to the point that it actually hurt.  Was going to try the f30i but it sounds like you said that the cushion is the same.  I ordered a liner from pad a cheek and hope when it comes in will help.  
Keep you posted, and thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I slept last night with the n20 mask.  Slept very well and the tape over my mouth was well secured in the morning.  Can someone explain why the amplitude in the flow rate seems so reduced. I know that sleeprider says it is reduced because of the leaks but the leaks are not excessive and the flow rate is reduced for the entire night.   It seems that my flow limitations are reduced when I use either a nasal mask or a pillow mask.  I try not to make it too tight but when I get up when wearing the n20 I have a bruise on my nose where the mask it resting. Does anyone else experience this and maybe have a answer to this problem? I tried a medium size and found that it leaks so I am wearing the small size.  
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The flow rate is very hard to read because it is vertically compressed. Stretch the vertical size of the flow rate chart so you can see a more meaningful scale on the y-axis.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this any better sleeprider?

Post Reply Post Reply
Respiration is very regular at 14 bpm in that image and peak flows around 18-20 mL/second. It looks like a fairly deep sleep stage, but I see nothing to be concerned with. Take a look at your tidal volume and minute vent in the same time period and you can judge better if this is significantly below (more than 20%) your median 440 mL tidal volume or 6.4 Mv. I don't see anything here to be a concern.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much sleeprider for your response.  
Does anyone have an idea how I can reduce the dent that I get on my nose from the mask cushion?  I even used some tape in that area but still get the bruise on my nose.  I also am trying not to over tighten the straps.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might try using a piece of moleskin or a mask liner that is made for your mask. Just google cpap mask liner. If you find one that works, you can use it as a template and make your own from any soft fabric you might have on hand. Good luck with this
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dormeo will look into that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still trying out the p30i mask.  It is very comfortable and I seem to sleep longer without the middle of the night awakenings.  Can someone please look at these screenshots and tell me what is going on?  It looks to me like flow limitations but the stats show 95% fl. were 0.00.
Should any changes be made to reduce the hypopneas?
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Could you also post a chart without any zoom?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 9 1 hour ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.