Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with high leak rate
RE: Please help with high leak rate
Sure Dormeo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yankees, there was no flow limitation in the close up images. That is variable or periodic breathing, and it is usually related to central events as it represents an oscillation in the respiratory drive as your CO2 balance becomes unstable. I think you need to back off the pressure support just a bit to balance between the CA events and periodic breathing, and flow limitation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR, do you recommend  reducing ps to 5.2 or 5.0?  Also should I keep the trigger setting on “high”?  Any other changes that you recommend?  Thanks so much for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
5.0, trigger high works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR, will reduce ps to 5.0 and will post tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yankees123 hows the leaks coming along? I discovered last night night that I was having a serious brain fart and have been forgetting that my pressure is lower with pillow masks. I lowered it from 11 to 8 and was able to use the large pillows with the P10 all night long with a 95th percentile leak of 4cm. Wearing a soft cervical collar without taping. I may bump it up to 9 though since my hypopneas creeped back in after being gone for months.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Osiris 357 good to hear from you.  I am using the p30i mask and taping at night.  Last night my 95% leak was 8.4 so getting better I hope.  I tried the n30i but had a lot of leaks.Still trying to make the p30i work as I really like the light wait compared to a full face mask.  
You doing well with the p10?
Post Reply Post Reply
Best of luck. The P10 is good so far, only 2 days in but it looks promising. My centrals are making a comeback unfortunately (before I switched masks) but not making me feel horrible like they did when I first started pap.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
OK so I know it is just one night with the ps change but thought I would post a screenshot .  If there are concerns or changes I would appreciate feedback.  
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Just posting last nights screenshot.Slept well.    Sleeprider I reduced the PS to 5.0 but does the data still show the periodic breathing that was on my last post?  Should I reduce the PS even more?
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 6 24 minutes ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.