Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with high leak rate
RE: Please help with high leak rate
Just posting last nights screenshot.  Should I keep lowering the pressure support and if so by what amount?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Posting yesterdays screenshot and wondering if any changes to make.  Past few days sleeping better using the n30 mask.  Do you think a lower PS or pressure would be a good idea?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you can't go wrong either sticking with these settings a while longer to see what the longer-term patterns look like, or edging your maximum pressure down a little. If you choose the latter, you might conservatively reset your max to 15.6. I would leave the PS where it is, partly to deal with flow limitations and partly just because I bet by now you're used to it and wouldn't much care for it to be lower.

Very good to hear you're sleeping better!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dormeo for your response.  I think like you said probably better to leave things alone for a while.  A question, if I were to lower my max to 15.6 wouldn't it still raise the maximum to that pressure since it is almost reaching the max pressure at the level I have it now?
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question, what is going on with the second screenshot?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would consider backing off your PS a little.
I think what you have is a very mild periodic breathing that is not an issue.
The waveform indicates that it could be caused by being near your apneic threshold. That is the waxing and waning.

Optionally continue where you are (PS=5) and over time that should diminish similar to Treatment-Emergent Central Apnea.

Either solution I see as acceptable.  The flag you are looking for in a consistent increase in Central Apnea, if that happens, evaluate and react appropriately.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred, can you explain what you mean by apneic threshold?
Also if I was to reduce the ps what would you recommend? 
Would you leave the pressures I have the same.  
Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
The apneic threshold is the point at which we see onset of some central apnea. Your results look great and your leaks are much better. The variable breathing with fluctuating volume is almost not even what I consider periodic breathing. At this point if you want to try small changes like PS 4.8 then that will give you an ideal if that is a better solution. The results are good enough that we can say no changes are needed at all, but if you want to try changes within a small range, then a slight reduction in PS seems a safe way to go.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks as always SR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our major drive to breathe comes from the CO2 level in your blood, not from a low oxygen level which only says to breathe faster.. When CO2 is 'high' it signals OK, now take a breath. As CO2 goes low, your breathing becomes shallower, eventually stopping at the 'apneic threshold'. Below this level you will get a Central Apnea no matter what your oxygen levels are. This activity tends to show as a waxing and waning of the flow rate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 5 156 3 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 8 1,509 4 hours ago
Last Post: FriedRice
  Low OA/H. Still high CA. How to lower them? jakeroviks 1 93 04-21-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 341 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 389 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 362 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 127 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.