Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with my DreamStation AutoBiPAP
Please help with my DreamStation AutoBiPAP
I really need HELP with my DreamStation setup.  I have been suffering for the last eight months with this new unit after it was provided as a replacement for another defective Respironics auto BiPAP.  I believe the tech gave me the machine with the basic default settings.  The AHI numbers were so high it was as if I was not even using the machine.  Compounding this is that since having had Prostate Cancer surgery several years ago, I now awake numerous times to use the bathroom.  This resulted in the machine pressure beginning again at its low setting of 4cm/H20.
I have made some changes to the pressures based on information in this forum but I don’t think I have them optimized for this machine.  My sleep doctor is unable to help as he has no useable knowledge of the equipment and my DME tech at Lincare is so busy and seems unable to assist. 
I originally thought the issue could have been that I may have been opening my mouth so I tried a full face mask.  However, neither of the two masks they had available fit properly so I am using a chin strap with my old mask.  I’m really not sure if I am opening my mouth or whether the Dreamstation setup is my problem

I tried to post an image from the sleepyhead app but it seems I need to have four posts before I can submit an image.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help with my DreamStation AutoBiPAP
I tried to post an image from the sleepyhead app but it seems I need to have four posts before I can submit an image.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone that can help me get started would be helpful.  The link to using Imgur for screenshots does not seem to be up to date.  Ether I am missing something or it doesn't seem to show you how to attach the image to your post.

Doing my best to understand the Imgur instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doing my best to understand the Imgur instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still will not let me post an image from Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can now, your status has changed from New Member to Member.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Prowler6B,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You should be able to post data now.
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with getting your data posted, so you can get assistance to better fine-tune your settings.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: yqSUitZ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
My Most recent night.

[Image: JXaZBwi.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks any thoughts and help will be much appreciated.   I really feel like I am struggling.  My old DME provider was great as she herself required CPAP.  Right now I am basically on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,758 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,563 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,327 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  Tips for getting an AutoBiPap from your sleep doctor snord 8 1,769 07-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Last Post: sw33ttsunade
  Dreamstation BiPap vs AutoBiPap KingDaddyPants 7 2,784 09-20-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: warmbear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.