Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with my DreamStation AutoBiPAP
RE: Please help with my DreamStation AutoBiPAP
2 very different charts.  Because you attached them vs link them (via IMGUR) I cannot read the dates nor the settings.

The first chart shows a lot of CA events and in general bad numbers, the second is rather good with virtually no CA Events.

I would rather see a week of daily charts to see a trend since these results are polar opposites.

Assuming that both these charts are typical of what you are commonly seeing you may be heading for ASV.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for reviewing the charts. Guess I didn't understand that I should include links. I will try to figure that out again later today if possible as we are babysitting our grandson today.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm responding because you seem to be using the same machine I do and have roughly the same pressure requirements. I don't know the particulars of your apneas, but I am posting my stats just so you can be encouraged that there is a solution to your situation. I don't mean to try to brag about my numbers.

But, after years of trying, I finally got to where I was trying to get to, I think. Do you know how to hold down the knob and the right end of the long bar above and get into the menu and setting so that you can set your own numbers? I finally resorted to doing that and basically said "heck with the technicians at the DMEs". I'll just do it myself.

My sleep doctor retired and my DME co. was bought out by Lincare, so I was basically on my own. I also received help from a lot of kind folks on this forum. So you can have success.

I have found, out of all the masks I've used, that the Wisp has been the best for me. All the others hurt my nose and I woke up with ridges and soreness, but not with this mask. I've had some leaks, but not enough to be pervasive. But the main thing is that I've attained an AHI average of .86 and have averaged 6 hr 45 min of sleep per night. I've felt pretty good. (except for my bike wreck, with almost took me out of here a year ago)

I'm sure, with effort and persistence, that you will be able to do what I have done, mainly by myself. Good luck.

[Image: x2x0dZB.png]
PAP Mode: VPAP-S
EPAP 8.4 IPAP 10.6 
ave AHI = .5 (so far)
Post Reply Post Reply
GThank you for the encouragement!  Your numbers are fantastic. I thought I was during good with an index less than five.  Also not sure if all indexes between manufacturers and maybe between models of the same manufacturers are determined with the same methodology. I will look into the Wisp mask. Thanks again for your help and information. I now have a goal to attempt to achieve.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,757 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,562 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,327 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  Tips for getting an AutoBiPap from your sleep doctor snord 8 1,769 07-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Last Post: sw33ttsunade
  Dreamstation BiPap vs AutoBiPap KingDaddyPants 7 2,783 09-20-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: warmbear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.