Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Let's try something new. Autoset mode, at minimum 12, maximum 16 and EPR full time at 3. If you have a known sensitivity to EPR use a lower setting, but use something.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave remind me. Is there a reason you are not using EPR?
EPR is very effective at managing flow limits and yours are high even though your numbers are good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bonjour

I tried about 6 months ago.

I shall use EPR with the new S10.

I need the clinicians manual.

I’m in Ontario Canada. I was concerned about aggravating my new Sleep Doc back then. My previous Sleep Doc was a tyrant. He would have pulled my driver’s license for any measure. Told me so.

The S10 reports via wifi. That concerns me
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2020, 10:17 AM)bonjour Wrote: Dave remind me. Is there a reason you are not using EPR?
EPR is very effective at managing  flow limits and yours are high even though your numbers are good.

That's a great observation  "EPR is very effective at managing  flow limits and yours are high"
I truly appreciate it.  I was concerned about the graphs I produce every night. Flow.

Have so much to learn. I've done this for over 35 years.  Participants on the other forum were very critical of my knowledge and skill. I realized they knew so much more than I and came here to a better environment for me.

Dr Inouye was my previous sleep doc. I bought one machine from him.  It was a brick that read usage hours. He only wanted to know that I had the machine turned on enough hours to be compliant.  I said I would increase pressure; he told me that was practicing medicine without a license and he would pull my driver's license. It wasn't a good relationship.

With knowledge gained here, I bought an S9 that was used by a lady who gave up on cpap treatment. The SD card and Sleepyhead helped me a lot. Now I've bought the machine recommended here. The autoset for her.  

I'm my own advocate now. And I've been concerned that I was receiving insufficient medical care

I shall setup the S10 as autoset, when I get the clinician's manual I've requested by email.   (I requested the manual for my old S9 twice.)
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Requesting manuals is a manual process. If you don't have a response within 24 hrs post a polite message in the software support forum. Sometimes life gets in the way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour

I just received it. I truly appreciate it.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
S10 Autoset for her SETUP
(08-28-2020, 09:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's try something new.  Autoset mode, at minimum 12, maximum 16 and EPR full time at 3.  If you have a known sensitivity to EPR use a lower setting, but use something.

Thanks Sleeprider

I've put those settings in. I've used Autoset For Her.  What's the difference?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not particularly concerned with whether you use Autoset or Autoset for her. I’d like to be able to look at how the machine interacts with you in an auto mode and I want you to use EPR so the auto pressure is not overly affected by your flow limits. I really think we are in a titration evaluation mode.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. That's one reason why I wanted this machine.

Real reason is because I feel that your work here will vastly improve my OSA therapy and well-being.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Question--can the wifi monitoring be turned off? Is that in the clinician manual?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 21 730 Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 217 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 176 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 141 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 155 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 246 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 180 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.