Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
The thing that stands out to me without EPR is the relatively high and disruptive flow limits. All we really need to know is that you’re more comfortable and sleeping better. That is really the end game.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
I learn so much from posts on the forum.

Clearly I don't have the knowledge that many people here have.

In the 35 years of treatment for OSA I've felt that there has been negligence shown by the sleep docs I have and the system that supposedly treat OSA in Ontario Canada.

All the improvements in my knowledge, care and health have come from you participants here.

I'm very grateful sleeprider for what you've done! Thank you.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2020, 11:04 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The thing that stands out to me without EPR is the relatively high and disruptive flow limits. All we really need to know is that you’re more comfortable and sleeping better. That is really the end game.

Now my emphasis will be on sleep hygiene.  I need to get more hours in!

Sleeprider I like your avatar.  We're dog owners too.

Last night Morgan wanted up beside me. She already had her Thunder Shirt on.  She stayed with me for quite a while, to make sure that I wasn't frightened with the thunderstorm. ;Wink

Seriously I need more hours of sleep each night. I missed a few last night.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
What a difference! I feel so much better
Woke up this morning. I slept longer (on purpose) and I feel better.
Took my mask off. One of the straps was off!
Here's my screenshot.

Thanks so much for encouragement and help.

S10 "for her"
humidifier/heated hose
N20
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling blah.....
I've used the apap for several weeks now.

Last time I reported I felt much better, and more rested.

I don't feel that way now.  For instance this morning I feel quite blah...

Would  you please look at this screenshot and give advice ?

Thank you!
Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on this chart, your minimum pressure is too high resulting in no change in pressure through the night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Starting at 12:50 am you were mouth-leaking for quite a while. If a chin strap or soft cervical doesn't eliminate the problem you will have to go to a full face mask.

I had the same problem and started feeling much better after switching to a FFM. Even if the leaks are below the threshold, they can still disturb your sleep.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much!

Full Face Mask.

I've tried hard to wear one. Except FFM won't stay on. I'm claustrophobic. I"ve tried many. The best was the ResMed F20. I kept it on longer; but it leaked terribly on my face. I tried it for several nights. Typically I wore it for 2-4 hours. Other full face masks haven't stayed on an hour.

Mouthbreathing

I have worn my Knightsbridge dual strap every night for more than a week. Most nights have been better than last night's use. When I woke up this morning I felt really flat. I remembered how well I felt when we dialled in my EPR settings. I genuinely felt great that night.

Pressure:

Thanks for your comment... I'll reduce the minimum pressure, by 2.

That's a guess! Smile

edit: my S10 minimum pressure is now set lower; 13 (and that's my prescribed pressure).

Other thoughts

I've watched the video for the Knightsbridge dual strap again...twice in fact. The owner has been very helpful when I've had questions.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I Feel more rested....
Thanks for the suggestion.  
Changes.
-Minimum pressure reduced to 2, to my prescription pressure
-Took real care putting the Knightsbridge strap on, after watching the vendor's video
-Forgot to fill the humidifier tank; that's why there's a gap right after going to bed. Filled it.

Feelings.
-Feel like I had a better night's sleep
-Feel rested.

Questions?
-What's a Rera?

Here's the screen shot....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing so much better, congratulations...  I don't have any more improvements to offer.  great job working through this.  Keep us informed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 21 730 Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 217 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 176 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 141 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 155 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 246 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 180 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.