Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Thanks. A year ago. 

I’ve been compliant for over 30 years

It was a ResMed F20.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Find myself very tired. I fall asleep easily in front of the tv.

Good news:  I'm getting the hang of the Knightsbridge Dual Strap. Leakage rates are better.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty much in every respect, better than my charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
Answer for me then is I need to work on getting more sleep. Discipline myself.It's about sleep quality.

These results are better because of the help I've received here. I need to do my part; sleep longer.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Getting used to the Knightsbridge Dual Strap is a big deal.

Reason is that the ResMed N20 head gear doesn't work well with the KDS. I had to go up a size (from a Medium head gear to a Large Head Gear.) Then the mask only comes with a Large insert if I buy a large headgear. That's too large for me. I reused a medium insert I already had.

This is all a big deal. Cost in Canada is a lot. My DME sells this mask for $300 CDN (it has a guarantee, and that really helps). Another supplier charged me $214 CDN = 13% sales tax. If I buy a different style of mask from the lower cost vendor, there's no guarantee.

DME's from the US are a pain in a tender spot to deal with from this side of the border. That's my experience anyway.

The two KDS's I bought cost me about $175 CDN by the time they came to my house. Future--I'll check US sources (cpap suppliers) to get the cost down. Or I'll look for other solutions.

I haven't heard a thing from my Sleep Doc. And best of my knowledge my DME hasn't checked up on me/doesn't care.

I'm VERY happy that I've got an S10 For Her machine. That's been a key to doing better with my treatment. More importantly, getting help here has been a wonderful wonderful thing. Hat's off to all of you. I hope some day I'll be experienced like you and know what all those squiggles on OSCAR mean.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Difficult night--different reason.
Woke up.  

My Knightsbridge Dual Strap was really bothering me. My neck was itchy.  And it felt raw. You can see where I took it off on the screenshot below.

Went to the smallest room in the house.  Glad I did. :-)

Back at bed I took off my N20 mask Large headgear/medium insert. I took of my Knightsbridge Dual Strap.  Found my other N20.  Medium headgear (doesn't work with the Knightsbridge because bottom two straps pop off.) 

Put on the Medium headgear.

All of this is a big deal when I wake up, because it takes a long time to go back to sleep. 

Second spell you can see I was mouth breathing--at least I think I was.

How did I feel? Ok...or so-so.  

My Knightsbridge DS is in the washing machine right now.  I'm washing the heck out of it.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you handy with a needle and thread, or can you call in a favor from someone who is? I'm thinking some nice worn flannel or t-shirt fabric sewn into the back of the cap and hanging down to protect your neck might feel good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2021, 07:21 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Are you handy with a needle and thread, or can you call in a favor from someone who is?  I'm thinking some nice worn flannel or t-shirt fabric sewn into the back of the cap and hanging down to protect your neck might feel good.

It's under my jaw and my adam's apple area that's itchy and rough.

I have a winter muff I could put around my neck if I need to...

Thanks for your response. You got me thinking....

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
My old under jaw pad....I made myself
Didn't use my Knightsbridge Strap Last night.  I'd thrown it in the washer and hung it to dry.
(I've washed it by hand before. Thought that the terminal itch I had needed harsher washing.)

I have a home made pad I used for years.  Actually two pads; one on the front, and one on the back. Strap came from...don't know where.  Both pads are the same, and close up with velcro. That's what keeps them on the strap.  I used a cpap pillow that's old.

Here's the results...what does it show? I'd really like to know.

This pad is very comfortable.  Most of my events were after a washroom break.

How did I feel? More comfortable.  

Remember a dream; don't know when.  It reoccurs.  Maybe Covid inspired.  (Me getting lost trying to get to the barber. Terribly lost. Remember phoning the barber and getting instructions in French that I didn't understand.  Strange dream.)

It's a crazy time. Lockdown.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like your crazy early morning dream didn't agree with you...   Sad

I would ignore all those morning CA's.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 155 5 hours ago
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 120 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 103 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 106 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 165 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 103 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.