Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
I've clicked on all those switches (I think)

Does this screen shot show what you need to see?
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
This shows respiratory rate...
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you wear a chin strap?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for asking...I didn't wear my Dakota wedge. That was the first night I went without, out of frustration.
Reason...I wear it so tight that its very uncomfortable.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
hi,
1-please plot some 10min and 2min windows during your cluster of flow limitations, always including FR, leak, FL, and tidal volume..
2_ Only CPAP during these 30 years?

good  luck
Post Reply Post Reply
No.  Last night was the first night in years I didn't wear a chinstrap.
Reason: frustration.  For a year I've been using a Dakota wedge. I have to do it up very very tight to prevent mouth breathing. Then the underside of my chin feels awful when I wake up; feels awful (rubbed) for hours after day starts. In fact, well after I go to work. Say mid morning...

I've used a chinstrap for years. The one I settled on isn't available any more from my DME. Chin straps slip on my bald spot, and then don't work; the one I had used circled the ears, and didn't slip. However, it stretched, I had to replace it often, and was expensive. I can't buy it now....

I found it more comfortable than the Dakota wedge the way I'm using the Dakota. (I have a double chin.)

A couple of posts up suggestion was to consider RERA's. And hint was to turn on all my events to see if RERA was cause for tiredness.

I did that; this screenshot shows lots of mouth breathing. 

I don't know how to interpret whether RERA is a contributing factor to that.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2019, 05:49 AM)mper6794 Wrote: hi,
1-please plot some 10min and 2min windows during your cluster of flow limitations, always including FR, leak, FL, and tidal volume..
2_ Only CPAP during these 30 years?

good  luck

Thanks.
Don't know how to do that. 

Yes.
Ontario Canada.
I have a new sleep doc....
I can only buy a cpap. That's the only prescription I can get.

(My old sleep-doc-from-_ell accused me of practicing medicine without a license when I said I was going to change pressure on my machine. He threatened to pull my driver's license. That was years ago. My new sleep doc seems much better. I discussed other machines; however, he will only write a cpap prescription.)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh! This is serious and sad! In my case, two-year user, better life quality came only when i assume control of my therapy, while moving from basic CPAP, AUTOSET, and  the current bilevel VAUTO. My doctors generally take into consideration numbers, analysis, etc, i have been performed, yet, i notice, not decisevely for them.
I am afraid  is going to be hard for people here truly help you this situation. Hope so...
ALL the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave L,
Going back and little deeper in your charts and writings:
1_in terms of apneas themselves, it appears you are in good shape...,,regard FL's it is not clear yet...
2- based on your tidal volume and flow rate, and comparing with my experience on my wake-up calibrated graphs, it appears you have a very disrupted sleep (either shortly waking up or not going into deeper sleeps);
3_ your wrote: "I have untreated wrestless leg syndrome. That was diagnosed over 30 years ago when I was first diagnosed with severe sleep apnea" . 
This is something!!! RLS/PLMD  is my still-remained main issue after a two-year therapy. I have already gone into details of my case elsewhere in this blog. During 1.7 years I strugled with CPAP, AUTOSET, masks, mouth breathing, and so on. Finally, since april, 2019, I moved to bilevel VAUTO and FFM airfit f20. Pretty much worked out FLimitations, PML's were highlighted. Even after significant improvements and better life quality, FL+PLM's still wake me up some 3 to 4 times/hr. However, I realized, after very careful observations, data plotting, medical literature, this number of awekenings are not so much important for my HDYF (how do you feel index), while SleepEfficiency (SE: % of time sleeping/time in bed), yes, it is. With SE of 85 to 90% I am dancing in the streets rather than walking. Therefore, these days I am totally focused on getting higher SE, either trying and evaluating medications, supllements, and hard working on sleep hygiene.

GL
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
My watch tells me that I transition to light sleep a lot.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 146 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 113 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 126 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 172 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.