Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
sheepless I'll reduce Pmax.

thanks for your thoughts.

If I have to go back to the sleep doc I'll be put through the ringer: sleep study/full face mask for sure/cpap only. Ontario Canada

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
First time--full night's use of FFM F30i modified
Trial mask on all night

Modified.  I inserted the Philips Respironic tailpiece recommended here by some for the P30i ResMed nasal pillows mask. (Amazon finally deliivered it last night.)

Feeling--grateful.  I've never worn a full face mask for longer than a couple of hours.

Feeling--almost rested.

Feeling concerned.  I don't have CSR. Lots of colour on the chart.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Go back to 12-17 to see if results return back to what they used to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't disagree with Geer1 but while I'm hopeful, I'm not optimistic it'll help and if it does, I'm not optimistic it'll last. I hope I'm wrong. your results have been inconsistent and you haven't been happy for any length of time with any settings. but that's not a reason not to try.

your ca seems to be worsening. reducing epr and a fixed or narrow range pressure setting is the usual response. many of your oa are clustered. position, low profile pillows and a collar are the usual recommendations for that. imo you might never see great results until you figure out mask fit. of course you know all this and you've tried just about everything possible with apap. short of a different machine, about all you can do is return to whatever settings produced the best results, especially in terms of how you feel, and hope you like them better this time around.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
He had months of better results with original mask and settings. Yes there were complaints and issues but in attempting to treat them so far the only success has been in making things obviously worse. It is time to step back to what he was doing before to stabilize results (they were fairly consistent for months so no reason to think they won't) and then continue to try fine tuning from there if desired.

Imo he has already tried almost everything and some things that should help (like using FFM to get leaks under control) failed because of his underlying aspect of central apnea being exaggerated. ASV is likely required to get ideal treatment and continuing to monkey with settings will potentially continue to make things worse not better. Dave has already spent years on this and hoping to find a solution now is unlikely. Eventually you have to accept that it is not possible to get ideal treatment with equipment that is not capable of doing so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Trial of the ResMed P30i mask with Respironics strap added.
I decided to take a power nap.

I wanted to try the P30i mask, with the Respironics band instead of the droopy ResMed strap at the back of the headgear.

Nothing else.  Good nap.

(No cushion; no tape. No pillow.)

Interesting
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Posted and then saw the 2 comments that written while I was asleep.

The nap was terrible. I'm going to bag the P30i and take it back.

I see your comments.I appreciate them. I have to clear my head.

Thanks.

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Two sleep sessions
First was the power nap reported previously.
* I'm fascinated that the result was almost exactly the same as my first sleep study.  43! (35 years ago.)
* mask P30i with Respironics tail piece to stabilize the mask
* no tape
* no cushion

Second was regular night's sleep
* nasal mask N20
* tape
* soft cervical collar

I see many more flow limits on the second sleep last night

I don't know how to interpret last night's result.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Would there be a benefit to operate in "avoid Central Apnea" mode after/in conjunction with going back to settings that Geer1 suggests? Ramp isn't on but EPR 3 is and probably needs reduced. Best would be closer to static PAP. This OSCAR chart is a fair representation of a CA Trainwreck.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave.

I'll change pressures to what Geer1 suggests, and turn off EPR.

I'm thrilled it was so bad.

No messin' around.

Heard a long time ago...."Everyone has a purpose. There's no one so bad they can't serve as a bad example."
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 21 715 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 216 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 173 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 137 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 155 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 246 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 179 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.