Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
That sucks.

Does OSCAR still look the same. Is there a pressure limit for the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven’t looked at OSCAR for about a month.

I’m feeling ok. Not great. But better.

When I havemask issues I sleep really poorly
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure limit for the mask? My pressure is about 14....I haven't had issues. Hope this helps.

Where are you in Canada? Do you have a good sleep doc and DME supplier? I'm always trying to find more capable assistance there.

I'm just west of the Pearson Airport in Toronto....

DaveL
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DaveL,

I know West of Toronto.  Not very far West.  I live East of the border.   Bigwink

No idea pf a good doctor. I would love to find one who is familiar with UARS and other issues than just OA.  I had not gone in two years and needed to start over and go on a list.  Before COVID had a two year gap with no issue.  So back to waiting. 

DME not really.  I did deal with one company for masks years ago.  I dealt with one for some one else which I would not go back for.  When looking for my VAuto recently I looked up some local ones, which did not sell bi-level online.  I will scout some out, since others people are in need of them.

I am happy with the online one I bought VAuto from.  Not on list.  It was word of mouth from family, so that I checked it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have several sources for masks.

My DME is sleep management group. Before the lock down they gave me excellent service at a high cost. During the lock down it was like going to the post office. So the cost wasn't worth it. I can get masks for about 2/3 of the smg cost on line, and delivery is quick. They need a prescription. From Quebec.

Sleep Doc. I have a good family doc who retired. He referred me to a doc who turned out to be ok. However, it's been more than 2 years so I need a referral from my new family doc. The sleep doc I got the prescription for my S10 from is far, far better than the old sleep-doc-from-h**l I had. I've tried to find reviews of good sleep docs from the internet. No luck so far.

It's a different environment here than the US. Day before yesterday had to call for an ambulance because there was a neighbour lying flat on the road in front of the house. Took 1/2 an hour for the ambulance to come. The man could talk; couldn't move on his own. Fine medical system. Takes 2 minutes to fly to the big airport in Toronto from my house. Not in the boonies....

Your posts have taught me a lot. I have a lot of learning to do.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
For the masks, is the place in Quebec and you need a Quebec prescription?

I reordered masks a couple of months ago from one online place. When I went online to look for a tracking number a day later I saw they were waiting for a prescription. No email sent. I was not pleased.

That sucks about ambulance. There have not been many times that ambulances are delayed here. Depends on other calls or how many emergencies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask prescriptions....any sleep doc will do.
I bought mask parts from them. Then they allowed mask purchases without prescriptions so.... :-)

I'm not happy going to the sleep doc for prescriptions for masks. He writes it for *1* That's no good. And he'll need a sleep study because more than 2 years have gone by. It's all about money.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I do not understand the idea of needing a different prescription for a mask each time.  I used to need that for insurance.

When I mentioned this to another user, they were surprised.  Sleep apnea is for life.  Hoses/masks did not need new prescriptions and still covered by their insurance company.

I wonder if this an OHP policy.

Recently I had a new machine Rx and sent that.  If you have a machine you need masks.

Parts do not need Rx in Canada and USA, from what I have been told.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Benefits provider required a doctor's letter to continue to pay me for my cpap, hose and masks. They don't allow costs for filters and other necessities.  Anything else I get to pay for, like hose covers.  They only allow payment for the basic reservoir for the S10; they won't pay for the cleanable one at all.  If I buy the cleanable one and submit the invoice as proof, they don't even pay for the basic reservoir.  they wouldn't pay the guvmint 5 year grant for an apap Luckily my "apap" is registered as a cpap;

I informed the provider that OSA is a life sentence.  

I've had 3 sleep docs in over 30 years. Each has written prescriptions for masks, and machines.

And will all this wonderful guvmint help the cost of a basic budget cpap machine with hose and mask is much higher than advertised cost of US apap machines

(And when I turned '71 I lost my employment benefits--health, dental and life insurance. Because I was too old.)

Common Sense Ain't So Common Anymore.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
A few years ago, a comedian who after years of suffering was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, petitioned to have cpap covered here. Still not covered.

When I got Repironics 15+ years ago, I got it from the US, because at the time Respironics software and SmartCard reader were included as a package offer that could be bought with the machine. Clinician manual was included. AND with a cpap prescription could be used for an auto cpap. Where I am I would have needed an auto Rx. The insurance at the time accepted the CDN amount on credit card. All of that much less expensive for my 40% copay.

My new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto came without the Clinical Guide. I found one online from 2014-11, do not know if that is the most recent one.

It makes no sense, especially since cpap treatments are less costly then hospital stays.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 145 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 124 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 170 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 111 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.