Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
(07-25-2019, 12:35 PM)Dormeo Wrote: DaveL, I admire your creative and experimental approach to solving problems!  Thanks for posting.

Thanks so much!

It's a challenge. 30+ years.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL, I'm sure you've wrestled with this over your decades of CPAP experience, but maybe it's worth saying. You MIGHT be one of those people who need a longer sleep-night than you're getting. Some of us--me, for example--are toast the next day if we don't go to bed 8.5 or 9 hours before we have to get up. So maybe when you get sleepy in front of the TV, that's your cue to go to bed?

Something I've never tried, but find intriguing, is a weighted blanket. There are no studies to assess their effectiveness, but some people swear by them. They are said to reduce tossing and turning at night, allowing for more unbroken sleep. I don't have air conditioning in the bedroom, so I'm unlikely to try this, since it does create more warmth in the bed. But who knows, maybe it'd be just the ticket for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Wonderful help.
Thanks Dormeo.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo last night was a much more successful night.

I solved some of the work-related stressors yesterday. Woke up rested

(Years ago I felt rich. I had a bike, and a change of clothes. Maybe it's time to visit the Harley store....nothing like a bike.... Smile )
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
So glad the stress is down and the rest is up! Yeah, a Harley might take you back to more carefree times, but speaking as the spouse of a Triumph-rider, I have to say the stress will go up for the people who care about you....
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2019, 10:00 AM)Dormeo Wrote: So glad the stress is down and the rest is up!  Yeah, a Harley might take you back to more carefree times, but speaking as the spouse of a Triumph-rider, I have to say the stress will go up for the people who care about you....

Thanks Dormeo.  Good point. I have sports cars now; I hate paying for someone elses' mistakes. (Back a long while I lost 5 rider friends in a year. I had other bikes after, but have chosen 4 wheels for a long while.) 
My canoe hasn't seen water in a while. Time it got wet; time for some soloing....

Darn you've helped a lot.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Went to bed last night. Really tired.
Woke up this morning with a migraine. Really surprised when I read the score on my S9cpap. Machine shows results were  good.... couldn't believe my eyes when I read the score on my machine.
Change last night? I didn't use my Dakota wedge under my chin.  I have to do it up so tight, because of my double chin. Then in the morning I rub under my chin a lot, from the Dakota wedge being so tight.

My wedge cpap pillow is really helping. Suggested here.  A heart felt thank you.
(I used to use a puffy large down pillow my late sister gave me)

Last night I just wanted to sleep. I wanted to see if I can get by without this darn Dakota jammed under my throat. 

This morning I woke up early; with a migraine....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
My quest is for sleep quality.
It sure is hard wearing all this gear every night. I've done it since I got my first cpap machine over 30 years ago.

Last night I stripped it to essentials. Same bed. Wedge cpap pillow. Mask on; machine working. I wish I could have slept longer. Perhaps I should get to sleep sooner....

Thanks for the people who developed Oscar, and Sleepyhead before. I finally have real tools to see how I'm doing, so I can manage my own care.

(still have my migraine. Thank heaven I don't get them often. I used to...)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2019, 05:36 AM)DaveL Wrote: Went to bed last night. Really tired.  
Woke up this morning with a migraine.  Really surprised when I read the score on my S9cpap.  Machine shows results were  good.... couldn't believe my eyes when I read the score on my machine.
Change last night? I didn't use my Dakota wedge under my chin.  I have to do it up so tight, because of my double chin. Then in the morning I rub under my chin a lot, from the Dakota wedge being so tight.

My wedge cpap pillow is really helping. Suggested here.  A heart felt thank you.
(I used to use a puffy large down pillow my late sister gave me)

Last night I just wanted to sleep.  I wanted to see if I can get by without this darn Dakota jammed under my throat. 

This morning I woke up early; with a migraine....

I see that you don't have all events turned on. You could have events such as RERAs rthat are effecting your sleep but don't shoe in you oscar report. See the box in the lower left hand corner of the graph section.
[attachment=14521]
Click on the down arrow and you will see a number of bars for  the various events. Click on the black section of any bar that shows red and it will turn green indicating the event is turned on.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I shall turn that on tonight.

I truly appreciate your help.

I wear a Garmin watch. The sleep report for last night shows
* 7 hours 14 minutes sleep
* 44 minutes deep sleep
* 6 hours 30 minutes light sleep

I generally don't feel well rested.
I usually have 1 pee break; when I get up I have trouble going back to sleep.
I have untreated wrestless leg syndrome. That was diagnosed over 30 years ago when I was first diagnosed with severe sleep apnea.

I'm really interested in
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 583 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.