Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
Second screenshot
4:00 am or so....washroom. I had real trouble sleeping after.

So much gear:

Knightsbridge dual strap
Under chin cushion.
N20 nasal mask (Question--ResMed calls it Nasal Pillows IIRC. How should I set up the S10? I changed it to nasal pillows yesterday when I was turning pressure up.)

No pillow (last few nights)

(I'm claustrophobic. I have always taken off a full face mask when I've tried them. And the ResMed F30 leaks terribly with me.)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help with treatment review
Let's start reducing EPR and find what works for you. Dial it down to 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2020, 07:49 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's start reducing EPR and find what works for you.  Dial it down to 2.

I shall. Thanks!

Edit:

EPR is set at 2

Mask is set as nasal

I’m ready for a good night’s sleep. Last night was awful Death in family on the weekend
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! That's Better!
Feeling well rested getting up this morning.

It was a wonderful sleep.  

Thank you.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I think we may have found your new settings. Nice!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much.

This is what I've hoped for for so long.

Please tell me what the difference is. I used my new S10 with min pressure 15; max 19. EPR was on/setting 2. I used my Knightsbridge Strap. And I used my cpap pillow.

What do you see on my charts that has helped me feel more rested?

I had my Garmin watch on; it provides a sleep report. I had deep sleep for only 1 hour and 5 minutes. I usually do a little better.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's compare typical therapy from your previous machine with the current results.  Here are charts from August 13, and your most recent from August 31.  I'd like you to tell me what you see. Hint: check out the tidal volume, minute vent and flow limits.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25591]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26123]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2020, 10:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Let's compare typical therapy from your previous machine with the current results.  Here are charts from August 13, and your most recent from August 31.  I'd like you to tell me what you see. Hint: check out the tidal volume, minute vent and flow limits.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25591]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26123]

ok---for most of the time I used the S9 Elite I had very low number. Usually well below 0.5

Looking at this chart, using your hints:

Tidal Volume: I see long periods of very low numbers.  Makes me wonder if I was breathing at all! Makes me wish I could record O2 levels at night.

Minute vent: I don't see it on the old chart; my fault. New chart I see high spikes then lower readings... I don't know what that means.

Flow limit: wish it showed better on today's chart.  Again I don't know what this means.

My take:  using the S10 autoset with the settings you suggested I finally feel rested getting up. In the past I moved a LOT in bed. And in 35 years I only remember a very few nights of good sleep. This is a huge, huge improvement in my treatment.  I haven't received this help from my sleep docs.  I received it by following your suggestions.   like
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
S10 used in cpap mode
S10--P=13/EPR off  this is prescribed pressure from the sleep doc, and the way that the S10 was set up by the DME. First night of use.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
S10/cpap showing more fields on the screen shot
S10
CPAP
No EPR.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 39 10 hours ago
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 195 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 579 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.