Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
your respiratory stats look completely normal to me. more stable, less range & variation than mine. did you feel the effects of hyperventilation or are you using the term to refer to an increase in tidal volume, respiration. could these be related to a lighter sleep stage? (closer to awakening). your min is pretty high but some people need & tolerate higher pressure. if you truely feel air starved, you can experiment with incremental increases. otoh, idk if it applies to pap but too much wind in our face (remember hanging your head out the car window at speed as a kid?) can be stifling as well. no harm in trying different settings til you're satisfied you're getting the most out of your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sheepless

I used my S9 E for 22000 hours. No epr. Setting 14 for a year. 
I’ve been compliant for 35 years. All cpap until a month ago. 

Sleep docs don’t consider sleep quality

I just discovered improved sleep quality when I started taking advice here. That’s about 32 years of poor treatment due to my lack of knowledge. 

I’m on a quest to improve sleep quality. If I have to wear this crap it better work!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2020, 10:17 AM)sheepless Wrote: looks good to me. for perspective, I wish I could go nearly nine hours with fewer than 3 to 6 mask offs, much less zero like yours. and have such low leaks. ahi less than 2. what do you see?

sheepless, been there done that. Well almost.

I used to get up 3 to 5 times a night to pee before I was diagnosed with severe OSA.

Is that why you have so many mask-offs?

Leaks.  When I have leak issues I've found that it's time for a mask replacement. I'm on my 4th ResMed N20.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  If it wasn't working, I'd see what other masks would do the work.

I often go a month without checking my machine. But things are different now. I finally found out how to use the system to get the equipment I want.  That was from help here.

How's your treatment working for you sheepless?
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
"How's your treatment working for you sheepless?"

up and down. pretty good charts last 10 days but continuing to wrestle with fragmented sleep, largely, but I can't say entirely, due to periodic limb movement; and lip leaks are a constant source of aggravation. my sessions used to be less than an hour at a time, now getting 2, 3 hour sessions typically, last night I had 6 hours wo mask off (although I still woke up several times). getting 35ish leaks a few weeks ago, this week more like 14. lost 25-30 pounds last 9-10 months enabling lower pressure which might be helping some (but not sure since the 35's were recent too).

all in all, while still complaining about being tired, I'm probably feeling better than I have for many years. yay! thanks for asking.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2020, 05:57 PM)sheepless Wrote: "How's your treatment working for you sheepless?"

up and down.  pretty good charts last 10 days but continuing to wrestle with fragmented sleep, largely, but I can't say entirely, due to periodic limb movement; and lip leaks are a constant source of aggravation.  my sessions used to be less than an hour at a time, now getting 2, 3 hour sessions typically, last night I had 6 hours wo mask off (although I still woke up several times).  getting 35ish leaks a few weeks ago, this week more like 14.  lost 25-30 pounds last 9-10 months enabling lower pressure which might be helping some (but not sure since the 35's were recent too).

all in all, while still complaining about being tired, I'm probably feeling better than I have for many years. yay! thanks for asking.

Sounds like good improvement.

Remembering when I had a brick machine and sleep-doc-from-_ell.  I would realize that I felt really bad.  His response was always to increase my pressure.  Took months to do. We're so much better off now.

How is your mask? You've done really well losing weight.  I need to do that.  Long ago I lost weight and my mask didn't fit well; I had to change masks because I didn't have as much fat in my face.  Just a thought....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the p10 nasal pillow mask so there's minimal contact but now you mention it I'll give a smaller cushion another try.

I have never lost weight before this. thought I wasn't disciplined enough. turns out intermittent fasting 18 hours a day is easy for me after stomach quit growling after about two weeks. the hard part is to avoid over eating during my eating hours. I have to be careful with timing a certain type of cannabis I take to help me sleep through periodic limb movement; if I take it much before bedtime, I get kinda loopy with the munchies & there goes the diet!

in addition to fasting, I've reduced sugar & simple carbs. all my life carbs dominated my diet. I gave up cigarettes & alcohol during my life but giving up sugar & carbs has been much more difficult for me, by far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me know how you do with smaller nasal pillows!
I've never used a P10.  I've heard good things about it though.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
sheepless, I used a dreamer for a couple of years. That's several masks. I didn't have the nasal pillows attachment. I stopped using it because every time I moved my head, it moved. I used to wake up to see if it was leaking! 8-] That wasn't fun. I changed to a nasal mask...
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Several Days....here's last night's results...
Feeling...perplexed.

I've had a long history of really good numbers on cpap with my S9E.  Now that I have an S10 apap my numbers are higher.  

Here's the screenshot from last night... 

I'm grateful that I slept all through the night. I'm grateful to have a good mask, and good fit.  I *think* that the Knightsbridge dual-strap is helping.  Certainly it's doing a lot better than my last PapCap did.  

My thought...increase pressures. Increase minimum and maybe max.  Blast this darn OSA.  

Question:  Does the S10A provide readings like the S9E did?  Or is it more sensitive, more critical and more accurate?
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
As you know by now, we are more interested in trends than an isolated bad night, especially with clusters of obstruction. Relax, hold the course.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 583 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.