Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Thanks sleeprider!

I changed the setting last night before I slept.  I feel pretty good; except my dog woke me up and that's the gap shown in treatment.  I gave her some Rescue Remedy and went back to sleep.

So here are two screen shots. (edit: failed. My computer hates me. so...I've added the screenshots in two following posts. my apologies. )

The first one is with the "man" setting activated. I've been using that for a while.

The second one is with the "for her" setting activated.  Pressures seem different.

Good news...the Knightsbridge Dual Strap seems to be working and keeping my jaw closed so I don't mouth breath.  The other recent change was that I read a posters description telling how to adjust a mask. It really helped.  I've had leakage from the bottom of the mask....I wasn't aware of that.  I couldn't feel leakage there.  However, adjusting it ever so slightly made a difference.  I like the Knightsbridge Dual Strap better than other chinstraps I've used.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Trying again....

Here's the screen shot using the apap "him" setting.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the screenshot using the "for her" setting for the first time, last night.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
To my eye, pressures were similar, but flow limitation higher with for her. I don't think making conclusions on the basis of one night is good validation, so go with what feels best and it may take more time to decide.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider

If it ain't broke don't fix it

I'll put the "man" setting back because I've done that for a while.

I *think* my big issue is getting a good seal on my mask, and keeping my mouth closed. (I wish that I tolerated a full face mask. I've never kept one on. Closest to successful was the F20 by ResMed. but it leaked horribly on my face.)

Thanks so much.

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Saying a sincere thank you to everyone that is helping me.

Here's last nights score.

I woke up at 6:30 (my dog barked me up.)  Felt pretty good.  Let the dog out; watched her and then sat with her for a while. 

ResMed N20 Large head gear/medium insert 

Knightsbridge dual-strap  Leakage is pretty darn good. Finally.  Learning how to get the KDS on properly.  It's been difficult, and frustrating. However, it's worth it.  If you have leakage like I do (mouth breathing) I'd consider this strap over others.

As always, any hints/suggestions/comments are appreciated.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Zero! Dude!

And you've wrestled the leaks and won.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2020, 10:05 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Zero!  Dude!

And you've wrestled the leaks and won.

Thanks Dormeo!

Hat's off. a salute to everyone here who has helped.

Past:  

I had a ResMed S9 with 22,000+ hours on it.
I've used a hand made cushion under my chin for several years. I've also used numerous chinstraps. They either fail first time wearing, stretch, slip off my bald spot...

I got my new ResMed "S10 for her" and the Knightsbridge Dual Strap about the same time.  
the ResMed S10 is easy to use; much better than my S9!
the Knightsbridge Dual Strap isn't easy to use. With respect to Larry, I found a bunch of ways to use it poorly .  He helped with suggestions, and even offered to talk.

Because of the Knightsbridge dual strap I had to buy a new mask. 

Reason? Using my ResMed N20 Medium headgear with it, the bottom strap kept falling off, because of fit on the new KDS.  

Fix! So I bought an N20 LARGE which comes with the Large Insert.  $300 Canadian (I know, I've bought cheaper.  It actually was in a package with my S10, but benefit insurance wouldn't cover the purchase.) After leaks, I swapped out the Medium Insert I had, because that's my size. 

Glad the Knightsbridge Dual Strap works.  

It was $170 Canadian for 2 by the time I got it home. That's with Duty and Postal Storage Wink  Took a month to come; not Larry's fault. That's Canajun Guvmint and Covid.

I'm happy. And I'd buy a Knightsbridge Dual Strap again.

Downside? If I take my mask off I'm 100% awake by the time I get it back on again. 

Thanks Dormeo!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, great news. I'm sure Larry has had some benefit from working with you. You have certainly come a long way, even after many years of CPAP experience.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Larry produces a great product.
He is extremely helpful and really cares.

(Last night I had more leakage than I showed in my last screen shot. That's ok. I'm grateful when I wake up in the morning.)

My only concern: cost. It's been expensive. About $170 Canajun getting 2 KDS caps inside my door in Toronto; another $300 Canajun because I bought a mask that used to fit, and exchanged it with my DME for a larger one that I needed to use with my new KDStrap. Have a new benefit supplier who pays a lot less for CPAP equipment. That's ok; I'm lucky to have benefits insurance again....talked about wrongful dismissal and age discrimination, and human rights. Got health, dental AND life insurance back!)

My lesson learned was when I change one thing, other things are affected. Future? I'll find a vendor that sells masks cheaper.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 61 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 284 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 200 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 585 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.