Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please help with treatment review
RE: Please help with treatment review
Thanks sleeprider!

I changed the setting last night before I slept.  I feel pretty good; except my dog woke me up and that's the gap shown in treatment.  I gave her some Rescue Remedy and went back to sleep.

So here are two screen shots. (edit: failed. My computer hates me. so...I've added the screenshots in two following posts. my apologies. )

The first one is with the "man" setting activated. I've been using that for a while.

The second one is with the "for her" setting activated.  Pressures seem different.

Good news...the Knightsbridge Dual Strap seems to be working and keeping my jaw closed so I don't mouth breath.  The other recent change was that I read a posters description telling how to adjust a mask. It really helped.  I've had leakage from the bottom of the mask....I wasn't aware of that.  I couldn't feel leakage there.  However, adjusting it ever so slightly made a difference.  I like the Knightsbridge Dual Strap better than other chinstraps I've used.
DaveL
Compliant for about 30 Canadian years

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. I hope to learn from you, and share my experiences with you. 
Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Trying again....

Here's the screen shot using the apap "him" setting.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. I hope to learn from you, and share my experiences with you. 
Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the screenshot using the "for her" setting for the first time, last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
To my eye, pressures were similar, but flow limitation higher with for her. I don't think making conclusions on the basis of one night is good validation, so go with what feels best and it may take more time to decide.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks sleeprider

If it ain't broke don't fix it

I'll put the "man" setting back because I've done that for a while.

I *think* my big issue is getting a good seal on my mask, and keeping my mouth closed. (I wish that I tolerated a full face mask. I've never kept one on. Closest to successful was the F20 by ResMed. but it leaked horribly on my face.)

Thanks so much.

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [Treatment] ASV settings for treatment of complex sleep apnea JoeyWallaby 149 5,662 11-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Last Post: JoeyWallaby
  Effort to improve treatment of OSA and IH QuietSign 106 2,420 11-12-2020, 09:30 PM
Last Post: QuietSign
  Treatment Resistant Central Sleep Apnea? asdz123 50 1,117 11-11-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - Help with OSCAR and advice regarding treatment (OSA and possible RERAs?) SleepyMech 0 99 11-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SleepyMech
  Need review on my report Moin Pathan 4 228 11-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Last Post: skypony
  [CPAP] New to the Forum - Please help Review OSCAR chart SinoAngTatayMo 20 481 10-31-2020, 11:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Data Review Appreciate! youbetcha 15 524 10-27-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: bonjour

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.