Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

User Name & Password
User Name & Password
Does anyone know how to change your User Name? For some reason mine is called Apple....short Apple Computer I guess...lol I don't want to delete it and loose my data as I don't have the same SD Card any more. Alternatively, does anyone know how to recover a password as this happened when I tried to create a new profile after I could not access my data with the correct name.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User Name & Password
Hi Howard and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post. Someone will be able to help you soon, best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 02:35 PM)Howard Wrote: Does anyone know how to change your User Name? For some reason mine is called Apple....short Apple Computer I guess...lol I don't want to delete it and loose my data as I don't have the same SD Card any more. Alternatively, does anyone know how to recover a password as this happened when I tried to create a new profile after I could not access my data with the correct name.

For one thing, what is this user name for? SleepyHead? Or does your machine use a user name?
Post Reply Post Reply
I will move this to the Member Account section. SuperSleeper is the admin and that's the best way for him to see it. He's the only one that can make such changes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: User Name & Password (Moved to Member Acct Help Forum)
Hi Howard, welcome to the forum!

Which are you talking about?:

1. Changing usernames & passwords for the SleepyHead software or your CPAP machine?

or

Changing username & password for your Apnea Board Forum account?

If you want to change your forum account username, simply send me an email with your current username from the email address you used during forum registration, plus tell me the username you'd like it changed to.

I will reply within a day with the changes and direct you how you can change your password if you like. My email address is apneaboard@gmail.com

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure he's actually talking about his SleepyHead UserID & p/w, he's probably using a Mac.

I've never tried to change users and I don't use a p/w for my SH UserID nor was I able to find any answers in the SH documentation about how to do so.

If you can search or find and then view the "Profile.xml" file, look for the line Password type="QString"/ and see if there's a password right after QString. This may be totally different if you're on a Mac, I have the Windows version of SH.

You may have to start all over with a new UserID and don't assign a p/w this time then import your data into that account, if you can locate the SleepyHeadData folder all of your data should be in the Profiles subdirectory inside another folder with your UserID, make a backup copy of it before you try anything drastic.

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, then if that is true, SS, feel free to move this back to the main forum.

That's what I get for skimming!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Moved thread back to Main Forum. Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Password - how to recover it SuperSleeper 0 5,084 07-22-2021, 02:39 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,105 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  [Equipment] Forgot my password for OSCAR elmerjay 1 864 07-10-2020, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need Transend Password KLNsnore 2 998 04-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Forgot password. Really hard to get back in Harry 17 8,463 12-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: vsheline
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,138 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2
Question Forgotten password on Sleepyhead NoddingNed 2 3,257 08-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.