Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Too hot to handle?
Question 
Too hot to handle?
Here we are in mid-winter where my question means nothing.
But it will be summer someday. I hope. The S9 documentation states the operating temperature ranges from 5°C to 35°C.
On days when it's hotter than that does this mean I shouldn't use the CPAP? What about if I ran the ClimateLine and had it turned way down to 16°C? I don't want to end up burning it out on a hot day (although I miss those hot days dearly).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Too hot to handle?
(01-15-2013, 06:30 PM)Ugly Wrote: On days when it's hotter than that does this mean I shouldn't use the CPAP?
I use the climateline all the times including hot days otherwise my nose get stuffed up
the other day temp reach above 40C during the day
but don,t use the machine outdoors in hot mid-day sun Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2013, 07:14 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 06:30 PM)Ugly Wrote: On days when it's hotter than that does this mean I shouldn't use the CPAP?
I use the climateline all the times including hot days otherwise my nose get stuffed up
the other day temp reach above 40C during the day
but don,t use the machine outdoors in hot mid-day sun

OK Zonk thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure. My old beat up (no not really - but I wanted to) Tranquility Quest overstayed its welcome and I used it whenever. And yes, always indoors. I'm supposed to go on a father-daughter camping trip in a month. We get to sleep indoors though and from what I gather there will be electricity so I can plug my S9 in. It was just another stupid question that needed an answer.
\
Post Reply Post Reply
It is so humid here in the US South, that I don't use the humidifier in the summer. 35C = 75F. And I know I've used it hotter than that.

I wouldn't worry about it any.

If the air still dries out your nose with the humidifier off, use it in "passover" mode. That means the humidifier is off but there's water in the tank. I did that this past summer and did just fine. It really helped me during allergy season.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
everyone is different. there is no right or wrong way just whatever works best for you
humidity is individual thing, some need less while some need more
there are some people like SuperSleeper don,t need any and like me who need more humidity
also some 50 shades in between

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2013, 07:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: 35C = 75F.

35C = 95F
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Duh. Really must clean my glasses. I had my fingers on the wrong number keys and instead of 3 and 5, I hit 2 and 4.

Thanks for catching that!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2013, 06:30 PM)Ugly Wrote: Here we are in mid-winter where my question means nothing.
But it will be summer someday. I hope. The S9 documentation states the operating temperature ranges from 5°C to 35°C.
On days when it's hotter than that does this mean I shouldn't use the CPAP? What about if I ran the ClimateLine and had it turned way down to 16°C? I don't want to end up burning it out on a hot day (although I miss those hot days dearly).

Where I live the day time temperature sometimes hits 35C or more during summer, which we are in now, but not our night time temperature so there should not be any problems using it in your summer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Think I'm getting a handle on this. Or am I? spudhorse 25 1,231 12-12-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What Apnea Malady Each Machine Type Can Handle JustaHoseHead 9 1,080 03-03-2021, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can Nasal or Pillow Mask Handle 13-16 cm pressure? ramphil2019 17 3,638 03-23-2019, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Technopauper
  What's a good large mask that can handle high pressure well? sventory 7 1,629 10-10-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Handle Full Fask Mask With Care 2PAPs 0 1,188 03-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Last Post: 2PAPs
  Question on masks that will handle higher pressures like 27 nanook683 13 3,537 09-21-2016, 07:14 AM
Last Post: nanook683
  How to handle sinus/allergy problems with CPAP ptredhead 10 4,521 04-06-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: omega2498

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.