Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Please offer advice
RE: Please offer advice
(01-15-2013, 11:35 PM)kayla Wrote: leaks at bottom and around eyes.
any ideas?
the Quattro have a forehead dial just like my nasal mask
start with forehead dial all the way out
adjust top strap till the dial rest on forehead
start the pressure (using mask fit)
if leak around the eyes .... turn dial in till leak stop
if leak at the bottom adjust bottom strap and might need to turn the dial out a bit

usually I separate the cushion from mask to wash in the morning so don,t have to adjust the straps every time fit the mask

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 12:35 AM)zonk Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 11:35 PM)kayla Wrote: leaks at bottom and around eyes.
any ideas?
the Quattro have a forehead dial just like my nasal mask
start with forehead dial all the way out
adjust top strap till the dial rest on forehead
start the pressure (using mask fit)
if leak around the eyes .... turn dial in till leak stop
if leak at the bottom adjust bottom strap and might need to turn the dial out a bit

usually I separate the cushion from mask to wash in the morning so don,t have to adjust the straps every time fit the mask
thank you -I have a very big question for all.Please Help.
Is this possible,I was using a bipap the suplier company lent me,and humidifer broke,the guy just went in the back and switched half of the machine,STUPID ME USED IT W/O THINKING and have been sick with stomache ever since ,I mean serious sick.Lost 20lbs,dr doesnt know what it is.Could it be possible that that machine had been lying somewhere and I picked up something in my stomach?i KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY but is it possible,why didnt these people tell me to wash it,and why didnt i think of it? Have been very ill,asked tech if it could be from a machine,he said no stomache acid would kill most things and they are my bugs anyway,BUT THIS WAS NOT USED BY ME PRIOR.Who knows where it was? I dont know and what do I tell my Dr? Please do these things happen?I cannot even go to these people anymore -they are just not even trustworthy.
CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS?and what are my otions now? I feel so stupid...and so sick for over 2 weeks now.
Please if anyone knows can you respond?

Post Reply Post Reply
Kayla,

I use dishwashing soap like Dawn or Palmolive or Ivory, they get my mask cushion squeaky-clean.

Here's a link that may help you get a better seal: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED

Here's a youtube video that might help you.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 01:32 AM)TheWerkz Wrote: Kayla,

I use dishwashing soap like Dawn or Palmolive or Ivory, they get my mask cushion squeaky-clean.

Here's a link that may help you get a better seal: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...GUARANTEED

Yes thank you I will watch that,,,,but I am much more concerned with my stomache....and I know I dont have the flu. Could i have picked up something from the c-pap machine THAT I USED THAT WAS NOT MY OWN...because I didnt wash it?
my stomache has been so incredibly bad and I am a big mouth breather.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 01:59 AM)kayla Wrote: Could i have picked up something from the c-pap machine THAT I USED THAT WAS NOT MY OWN...because I didnt wash it?

It's not likely you picked-up an illness (but not impossible), what's more likely is aerophagia, some people get it with CPAP and higher pressure can make it worse.

Here's aerophagia in the Wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Aerophagia

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 01:59 AM)kayla Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 01:32 AM)TheWerkz Wrote: Kayla,

Yes thank you I will watch that,,,,but I am much more concerned with my stomache....and I know I dont have the flu. Could i have picked up something from the c-pap machine THAT I USED THAT WAS NOT MY OWN...because I didnt wash it?
WOW that is a good video! ,no one ever showed me how to do that.it was very kindof you to post it,I am not mechanically inclined and have never cleaned the mask that way.But I practised putting it on and and off.THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 02:07 AM)TheWerkz Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 01:59 AM)kayla Wrote: Could i have picked up something from the c-pap machine THAT I USED THAT WAS NOT MY OWN...because I didnt wash it?

It's not likely you picked-up an illness (but not impossible), what's more likely is aerophagia, some people get it with CPAP and higher pressure can make it worse.

Here's aerophagia in the Wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Aerophagia

That was a great video,thank you soooo much ,I practiced the mask fitting ,,,you are so very kind,to show me this.I am so appreciative.
I have the areophophagia and understand that....working hard to decrease it,I should not have used THEIR machine without washing it.I am not washing the quattro correctly either.But the video helped A LOT.
I am not mechanically inclined but will return to the video to learn proper washing AND FITTING.I had no idea!
I now must get tests on my tummy as it is really bad.
But you have set my mind at ease and I will watch this video over and over agian.
Bless you!
kayla
Post Reply Post Reply

this is MUCH WORSE than arephaogia,dr cant understand it but must deal with it ---am working on the airepohiga(sp) going to sleep to try this fit...and practice practice.
Gotta keep trying,you are wonderful to help!
Post Reply Post Reply
[
[/quote]
WOW that is a good video! ,no one ever showed me how to do that.it was very kindof you to post it,I am not mechanically inclined and have never cleaned the mask that way.But I practised putting it on and and off.THANK YOU THANK YOU!
[/quote]

ok I struggled last night ,but got a bit better at practicing the proper mask fit.Thanks to all of you.I was using baby shampoo to clean mask.But question is ivory original scented best for cleaning?or just plain palmolive-it is the only one not scented.also dawn is available but scented as well.I see i am not getting the mask sqeaky clean so I need a better cleaner.I still cant stand the pressure but am just hanging on till the 22nd,I want to change it but am unsure.?
Post Reply Post Reply
Kayla,

Any of the dishwashing liquids will work, I use Dawn mostly but other people like to use unscented soaps.

If the scent bothers your sinuses then go for an unscented soap, I actually like the slight scent that Dawn leaves behind but if you have allergy problems it might not work for you.

Whatever you decide to use just rinse well.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,520 Yesterday, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 13 511 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 722 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 182 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,768 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.